Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking of attending or buying Dr.Evil's trans clinic?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
It's worth it! I just installed it and drove it for the first time since August of last year. It was well worth the money. aktion035.gif Oh, I also installed new shift bushings too! Just had to thank you Doc! You the man!!!!!!

EDIT: Helios (Chris) got his hands in there also! Thanks to you for the help and support. With all the drinking (Vodka and Cranberry) I needed an extra hand.
Dr Evil
I love hearing how well the rebuilds shift smile.gif Enjoy, be safe thumb3d.gif

BTW, you built it, I just guided you wink.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 5 2010, 10:12 PM) *

I love hearing how well the rebuilds shift smile.gif Enjoy, be safe thumb3d.gif

BTW, you built it, I just guided you wink.gif

There was no way in hell I could have done that good of job without your guidance! Oh man it shifts nice! It's close to being done for this driving season. Waiting for a few interior pieces but I should be able to bring it to WCR with or without!
helios
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 5 2010, 10:17 PM) *

There was no way in hell I could have done that good of job without your guidance! Oh man it shifts nice! It's close to being done for this driving season. Waiting for a few interior pieces but I should be able to bring it to WCR with or without!

Sweet. Good to hear. I still need to do mine one of these days.....but first I need to figure out why my linkage is buggered up....still haven't looked at it yet. headbang.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(helios @ May 6 2010, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 5 2010, 10:17 PM) *

Sweet. Good to hear. I still need to do mine one of these days.....but first I need to figure out why my linkage is buggered up....still haven't looked at it yet. headbang.gif

Chris! What's going on man? It's been awhile. Crap, I totally forgot that you did half the trans with me. If you remember half the stuff we did plus with the Evil one's DVD your golden buddy.
helios
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 6 2010, 10:31 AM) *

Chris! What's going on man? It's been awhile. Crap, I totally forgot that you did half the trans with me. If you remember half the stuff we did plus with the Evil one's DVD your golden buddy.

That's what I'm banking on. Got one ordered up already.

Gonna have to tear into the T5 in the Mustang now as well.......think I may have a bent 2nd gear shift fork in that one. dry.gif
gothspeed
I will be ordering the DVD smile.gif! Who knows when the evil one will be near SoCal again.
biosurfer1
I took the lazy route..i.e. shipped it to him and him do it (before tranny clinics) and its still the best money I have spent so far, and my shifted fairly well prior!
montoya 73 2.0
I was going to ship to the doc but the clinic in the PNW came in time. It definentely is worth the money!
FourBlades

I second that Dr. The transmission I built in Atlanta is the best working
part of my car. One friend who drove it said, wait this is a Porsche but it
is so easy to shift???

I have two more waiting to be worked on once the video is in my hands.

John
fitzm1
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 6 2010, 06:55 PM) *

I took the lazy route..i.e. shipped it to him and him do it (before tranny clinics) and its still the best money I have spent so far, and my shifted fairly well prior!

Got you beat in the lazy dept. I asked him to find me a core so I could keep driving last year. Just got it in this month. Its so nice to be able to stop at a red light and not hear all that stuff(grinding) going on back there at start up. Thanks Doc.
Dr Evil
The DVD is going very well. I have reviewed the first 5 of 15 chapters smile.gif The DVD + the class will allow anyone to dominate the dark art of transmission work wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.