Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My newest 914 74 2.0 & the trailer I bought to bring it home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so I actually bought all this last night. I was on Craigslist & found this cheap car trailer. Only $250 so I figured I would go check it out. I go out & it looks pretty solid. I do a quick shake of the wheels & they feel solid. Overall well worth the $250 I thought. So I pay the guy (who threw in an engine stand) & hook it up to go get my 914. Pulls nice although one wheels has a little wobble to it. Very minor & didn't get worse on the way. The tires did run pretty close to the trailer but didn't think much of it.

Allright so I get to my 914 & we push it up on it. I strap it down & things look good. I say goodbye & pull out. I get to the end of the street & pull a uturn. I look in my rear view to check it tracking. What do I see but lug nuts falling off the trailer WTF.gif . I stop & there are 2 left holding the wheel which is of course leaning. I get my lug wrench out & try to put the other lugs back on. I do not have much luck & when I do get them on & bolted. The tire rubs on the inside headbang.gif . Well it's getting late so I limp it back in front of the guys house. I tell him the problem & say I'll be back the next day with the right trailer wheels.

So I load up the 2 spares I had for a previous trailer. I go back after work & jack up one side. I get the wheel off & about $hit my pants. Under the wheels were lug nuts I guess this idiot decided to use as spacers. Even worse is there were only 3 of the 5 used headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif Holy crapola what a mess. Luckily the studs had enough life left to hold the new wheel I brought on. So of course the other side was the same crap. Good news is I made it home okay mad.gif

I'm going to get a new axle for the trailer as it actually is decent. It's just a straight axle. I will get something with a little suspension for it. Or I will sell it as is & get something else.

Oh yeah the car is a rusted hulk. Motor is out & pulled apart. One head is missing but otherwise everything was there. No nice hidden surprises yet unfortunately. It definately has some parts I will save before crushing it dry.gif
Rav914
Before you crush it I could use some of that driver's side fender. That's if you'll be cutting it up. Let me know, thanks,
JRust
QUOTE(Rav914 @ May 5 2010, 10:44 PM) *

Before you crush it I could use some of that driver's side fender. That's if you'll be cutting it up. Let me know, thanks,

I have 2 cars with what you need. Make a trip down to cut it off & it's yours biggrin.gif
Tom
Jamie,
Is the rear sail trim any good? I am still looking for some in real nice shape/price.
Tom
computers4kids
Jamie, Jamie, Jamie...
So, are you bringing this one to Tahoe? You know, you really should be putting your engine in. poke.gif
markb
Don't forget to put the VIN in the database. smile.gif
Rav914
Thank you for the offer. I'd love to come back down to Corvallis (OSU '92). It may have to wait until June, I'll let you know soonest. Thanks again,

Nate
JRust
QUOTE(markb @ May 6 2010, 06:27 AM) *

Don't forget to put the VIN in the database. smile.gif

Done biggrin.gif . I'm impressed you beat Sir Andy to the punch laugh.gif
Shade Tree
Does the head that it has, happen to be for cylinders 3 and 4?
JRust
QUOTE(Shade Tree @ May 6 2010, 03:06 PM) *

Does the head that it has, happen to be for cylinders 3 and 4?

It's the drivers side head. I don't remember the order confused24.gif

The trailer is actually kind of cool. I'm going to get a new axle for it & redo the fenders smile.gif
Rob-O 1167
Uh...this is almost starting to sound like a classified thread biggrin.gif , but what type of injection? And most importantly, are you going to keep it? If it's L-Jet, I would be interested if the price is right!
JRust
Yeah lets keep the questions on stuff in pm's. When I'm ready for the classsifieds I will list there. Probably be a while.

It's a 2.0 but the djet injection is long gone apparantly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.