Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stay away from Automotion.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sgrisanti
In the year 2010 alone, this company has offered me false information about availability of products, delievery dates and the list goes on. Has anyone else had a bad experience with this company.
Tom_T
Yes & going back to 2009 too! dry.gif

I had items on back order from April & June/July 2009, which they only sent out early this year (2010) & then only after I called & emailed many, many times!! mad.gif

You end up having to manage your own orders by calling their staff & managers, which also happens with the other "usual suspects" in many cases, but it may be worth it if you get a good price & can wait on their lousy service. confused24.gif

Ecklers (Vettes & USA Classic Cars parts suppliers) bought them - or technically the investment firm that owns Ecklers did, in late 08 or early 09. In 2009 they moved all the stock to the Ecklers distribution center in Titusville FL (from the LA area), then in early 2010 they fired almost the entire Performance Products/Automation sales & customer service staff in LA ( couple moved to FL). So now you have nobody there who knows squat about Porsches - let alone our 914s - so you need to know exactly what you need!

I predict that they'll run PP/A into the ground & out of business with their lousy service! I mean what kind of a business sits on part of an order with the parts supposedly in stock for 6 months, when they could be booking the sales? That's just bad business management, as well as driving away customers! dry.gif

It's really too bad, because "back in the day" 70's & 80's & 90's they were a longstanding Porsche & 914 indy parts supplier out here in Burbank, where you could drive there, see & touch your parts, & know what you were getting & pick them up yourself if you wanted. Of course back int the 70's/80's we had at least half a dozen of these indy Porsche parts shops in Costa Mesa & Newport beach alone, where you could walk in for your parts, but they're all gone! sad.gif
DanT
Actually the name Automotion dates back to the '70s here where it was started by Tom and Marge Green....they were long standing PCA-GGR members. I knew them.
They started the Weltmeister brand, and did very welll for themselves. They started in Santa Clara CA and stayed there until they sold the business to Performance Products in the late '90s. That is when it moved south to the LA area...
It is unfortunate that a once well respected name in the Porsche parts business is now thought of in this way sad.gif
URY914
I used to call and order parts from Tom himself.
campbellcj
Interesting. I actually ordered some stuff from them not too long ago, and it arrived without delay or problems.

I remember the "old days" when I could drive right up to Perf Products, Tweeks or Pelican and buy parts in person from people who actually knew and loved p-cars.
ConeDodger
I bought "smog legal" headers for my Boxster from Automotion.

Got the box and found they had no bungs for the O2 sensors (4). I called them up and they admit that they intend to further develop these headers so they are smog legal but these aren't. I can return them at my expense. WTF! It isn't what you say it is but I have to pay to return it? Lesson learned. Scratch Automotion/Performance Products off the list of available vendors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.