Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Quick Release Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Say you wanted to stay with a vintage wheen with a hockey puck... what would you do for a horn?
mharmon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 6 2010, 12:22 PM) *

Say you wanted to stay with a vintage wheen with a hockey puck... what would you do for a horn?

Maybe go 911R and use a button on the dash?
SLITS
I heard from a reliable source that you are definitely "quick release".

Mount one of those canned air blowers on your dash and knock yourself out Eric.

I would give you my wheen, but it's broken.
RJMII
I think they have medication for that...

go voice activated with a microphone hidden under the dash. Make it react to some obscenity about wishing their cat were dead. Then I'd make the sound coming from the horn be obscenities in Chinese, just in case that lady from 'Gone in 60 Seconds' is really out there somewhere.

edit:

on second thought, I think the other ideas are much better.
r_towle
I would suggest a very small button (think 1/4 in diameter or less) on the back side of the wheel.
You wont drive that car in public anyways...it will be a garage queen.

Rich
sixnotfour
Maybe go 911R and use a button on the dash?

MDG
Eric has all the cool stuff. Great cars, awesome brakes, cool wheels, vintage wheens . . . . .
Mike Bellis
I guess I'm dumb. What's a vintage wheen? confused24.gif
jim_hoyland
Run the horn wire to the fog-flash unit. Then you can get a flash and and the horn together.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 6 2010, 09:33 PM) *

Run the horn wire to the fog-flash unit. Then you can get a flash and and the horn together.

I like that! yikes.gif
Eric_Shea
Glad I could provide comic relief for you nuckleheads... biggrin.gif

A button on the backside of the "wheel" still nets me the same problem. The wheel and that button come off and the contact problem hasn't been solved. I'd rather have it on the front side, that being the case (and yes, I'll drive my car.)

I had an inncodent in my freshly painted 914-6 with a UPS driver back across a parking lot I pulled into. That horn... right there in the center of my wheel... really saved my cars (and the UPS drivers) life. So... a button on the dash seems odd (oh hey, I'm about to get whacked... let me reach over to the dash and sound the flugle)

I guess I'm wondering if there has ever been a quick connect solution. I've seen some with small coily chords??? confused24.gif

I'd like to go this route because I think the side bars on the hoop will make entry and exit (whilst sitting in my garage) very difficult. tongue.gif
RJMII
Post some pics of the quick release mechanism...
jt914-6
I did this.....momentary switch.....phone jack connector.....kinda looks NASCARish with phone cord wrapped around the steering column......

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ahdoman
The quick release I have allows for the horn. I got it off of eBay (one of those ricer companies). It's a really nice product. I think it's this one;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KSPORT-QUIC...=item45f272a62a
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.