Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washed my car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
So

Now that she has new paint and new motor. Many new seals and such, I actually used a hose and water to wash my car shades.gif

I think in 6 years this is only the 2nd time

Then dried with microfiber towels, now going to use Griot's paint sealer

Let her shine ! laugh.gif
BigDBass
My car is so dirty. I washed it once. 3 years and 11 months ago. I've had it 4 years. I want to wash it and wax it and make it pretty. It's so dirty. I barely remember what my Mahles look like under the brake dust. sad.gif
scrz914
Congrats on this major milestone. My car has so many leaks I don't dare take a hose to it. It gets "cleaned" with a damp cloth.
PeeGreen 914

Congrats on the new paint aktion035.gif

ooooooo shiney wub.gif
6freak
QUOTE(qa1142 @ May 6 2010, 12:44 PM) *

So

Now that she has new paint and new motor. Many new seals and such, I actually used a hose and water to wash my car shades.gif

I think in 6 years this is only the 2nd time

Then dried with microfiber towels, now going to use Griot's paint sealer

Let her shine ! laugh.gif

How new is the paint?...I was told once you dont want to seal fresh paint until its gassed off for 40 days and make sure you clean the paint with a clay bar before you polish...I use Griots wax`s and polish myself ,and really like it ,,have fun

MikeC
Root_Werks
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
tod914
The claybar systems are great. Amazing how smooth the paint gets from them. Mothers makes a good one. Mequires clay leaves residue even with alot of the liquid applied. Wouldn't reckomend that one.
BigDBass
I feel so dirty. I just washed my 914. It hurt.
turboman808
I just cleaned mine up today. I don't worry to much about everything getting wet. Towels and the sun can get almost everything dry. Only thing I wanted to do but didn't get to was polishing the metal and the glass.

Anyways I used porter cable, meguirs pads and polish, poorboys glaze and wax. The glaze added some serious depth to the paint.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.