Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pedal cluster mod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwilner
When I press my brake pedal, the little plate that holds the clutch/brake stop moves a little bit. It's pretty annoying.

I dug into it and there is a nut that attaches that plate to the pedal base. I snugged it up and no improvement.

I think if I install a bolt on the front of that plate through the base, the issue will go away. But, I wanted to get input from the group before I bust out the drill.

the pedal cluster appears to be in good repair otherwise, bushings are brass and the parts don't have any rust to speak of.

does anyone else experience this? how did you fix it? (or do you just live with it?)

Pics:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Is there a lock washer under that thin 13mm nut?

I would have suspected the bushing behind that plate but, if they're "all" bronze then that may not be it.

Personally, I'd look for the real problem before drilling holes in my pedal assembly. With good bushings and a lock washer under the nut you should be firm... something else is wrong.

Clutch shaft may be worn. confused24.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 12 2010, 07:59 PM) *

Is there a lock washer under that thin 13mm nut?

I would have suspected the bushing behind that plate but, if they're "all" bronze then that may not be it.

Personally, I'd look for the real problem before drilling holes in my pedal assembly. With good bushings and a lock washer under the nut you should be firm... something else is wrong.

Clutch shaft may be worn. confused24.gif

Eric
i don't see a lock washer -- I'll install one.

How do you get on that nut while it's in the car? Do you use a wobble?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.