Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flipb
Had a good drive yesterday, including stops at a couple stores.

My wife got home shortly after I did and complained that the 914 smelled more strongly of gasoline than usual. She was right, but I couldn't find any source.

When I got home from work today (didn't take the Teener), the smell was really strong, even inside the house. I went out to examine it and found a puddle underneath.

Sure enough, the gas line from the tunnel was dripping just below where it enters the engine bay through the floor. When I tugged on it to try and clamp it, the hose came loose and started dumping fuel everywhere. I had to cut a ziptie to free the line and then folded it over and clamped it with a vice grip.

And that's how it sits now. I'm going to see about getting a tow tomorrow. My mechanic is 3.4 miles away... wonder if AAA will do it for me. smile.gif

This is punishment for several posts the last few days about how reliable it's been.

The scary thing is that it probably started leaking at some point during or after my drive yesterday, when there was plenty of heat down there.

FWIW, the fuel lines are relatively new, put in by a PO who moved the pump up front. Seems like a connection between two sections of hose came loose.
ME733
...........with this level of scaryness, a possable fuel leak causing your 914 to burn to the ground, Don,t you think it,s time to assume that the ENTIRE FUEL SYSTEM should be checked and (probably replaced???)....If you cannot do it completely , correctly yourself, find a GOOD porsche mechanic...........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.