Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
david63
I am selling a set of original four bolt Fuchs - these have the correct 914# part number and VW stamp on the back. These are "driver" condition rims. Some curb rash on them but they are all straight. Before you ask, No I do not have the lug bolts (unobtainum). I was going to send them to Al Reed for restoration to concours condition but plans have changed. Asking $450 plus shipping.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

david63
A few more pictures of the rims...

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Tom_T
FYI the longer OE Alloy Lug Bolts are still-obtanium from Porsche at about $16+/- & still listed in the PET & p\dealer price lists.
david63
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 6 2010, 10:51 PM) *
FYI the longer OE Alloy Lug Bolts are still-obtanium from Porsche at about $16+/- & still listed in the PET & p\dealer price lists.
Sorry, you are right. I think I knew they were available, I was thinking that they were really expensive and at $16 a piece that is true (got to have them so what to do)?
tat2dphreak
there are correct aftermarket lug bolts, too... about $4 each... I'll have to find the link, or you can search around the site...
david63
first bump - wonder if I had these restored (Al Reed, Weidmans, etc) to original, concours condition if I could recover the cost of the restoration? I am just guessing but if I read correctly it is around $150 per wheel for restoration so a finished set would be priced at around $1050? I have seen a couple of sets of restored wheels on this site and they seem to attract more interest than the "driver" condition wheels. Any opinions?
tat2dphreak
idk if you ever recover the full investment (wheels + restoration) but if you enjoy them more that is where your dividends will pay off...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.