Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coco Floor Matts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
Does anyone know who makes a quailty coco matt for the 914? seems to be alot of vendors out there with limited picture or the picture is not of 914 ect.. I would rather pay for a well made set than risk getting a "auto zone" quality, but right now I am lost ..
flipb
I think I've heard complimentary things about cocomats.com

I think they did jsayre's mats. Joe?

They'll do custom fit for a 914, but I'm curious whether their standard size comes close to fitting well... our floor area is pretty flat & rectangular. Anybody tried that?
casey944
I ordered a set from Coco last week... followed up yesterday and they are going to be in the mail today.

Looking forward to getting them!
TROJANMAN
Despite the fact that they weigh 50 lbs, they're awesome thumb3d.gif
StratPlayer
Heavy they are
Tom_T
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 7 2010, 08:42 AM) *

Does anyone know who makes a quailty coco matt for the 914? seems to be alot of vendors out there with limited picture or the picture is not of 914 ect.. I would rather pay for a well made set than risk getting a "auto zone" quality, but right now I am lost ..

Joe,

The cocomats.com are very good & IIRC that's the ones my buddy has in his original owner `71 914/4 that was at the PCA OCR Porsches & Doughnuts at The Block's Krispy Creme last month (pix at link below - hard to see, but they're the black with red dot pattern to match his Bahia Red & Black Interior).

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...44&t=105952

Here's a better pic of his mats:
Click to view attachment

I recco the rubber backed ones, because back in the day when I had the classic unbacked ones in the 70's/80's, the mats tended to grind whatever dirt fell through into the Appearance Group loop pile carpet - as well as wearing on it (IIRC both your 73 & 74 2L would have AG loop pile carpet). Also be aware that these Coco & Sisal mats will chew the heck out of any leather dress shoes, although the "new" rubber foot pads on the drivers side will help some.

When you read in their history of the coco mats, I had both the German ones from the Porsche dealer & the SoCal ones they mention (don't recall name), & both were of equal quality & only wear at your clutch/brake & gas pedals' heel rest points (as do the carpets). These are the similar quality & weigh far more than the old school unbacked type, but are better.

So are you restoring your "new" 74 for the PCA OCR concours event in Dana Point next month?
shades.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 7 2010, 09:31 AM) *

Heavy there are

Those are the calico huh? sweet thanks for the pics. I had just bought some haargan velour carpet in antharcite (salt and pepper) from lakewell out of belguim, very *^%&^ nice, very well hand made heavy duty europe stye.. recommend to anyone whom is tired of blowing money on domestic loop that starts wearing out in months..

http://www.lakewell.com/en/products/porsch...rsche-914-69-76
Tom_T
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 7 2010, 10:54 AM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 7 2010, 09:31 AM) *

Heavy there are

Those are the calico huh? sweet thanks for the pics. I had just bought some haargan velour carpet in antharcite (salt and pepper) from lakewell out of belguim, very *^%&^ nice, very well hand made heavy duty europe stye.. recommend to anyone whom is tired of blowing money on domestic loop that starts wearing out in months..

http://www.lakewell.com/en/products/porsch...rsche-914-69-76

No - those are my buddy's new cocomats.com replacements for the older ones he & I both had in our respective 914s back in the day (mine were tan & brown to match my beige interior with dark tan #503 carpet).

These new ones are as good as the old ones according to him, so go for it in whatever matches yours - maybe black with grey/silver dot for the Marathon Blue?

Thanx for the carpet tip!!!!
- I may check with them to see if they can get or match the original tan & brown speckled #503 "dark tan" OEM loop pile carpet in mine?

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom T
Orange CA
///////
detoxcowboy
done, thanks everyone, just ordered a set drk, grey herringbone, they told me they use 5 diffrent shades of drk. grey fiber in a blend to get similar antharcite apearance ect. though those jaspe/calico matts of stratplayer's are the sweetest appearnce to me but probably not in my cars dark modern leather appearnce..
zonedoubt
+1 for cocomats.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.