Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stolen 996TT race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
http://blog.carlrydquist.com/
Gt2 aero and gt2 wheels on 02 twin turbo, silver w white wrap.

Someone has stolen the car, only about a week after I won with it in Las Vegas (between 2.30am and 3.30am Monday morning, May 3rd, to be more exact). Like posted on every Porsche, racing and tuner board and called out through the community, contact Redondo Beach PD if you see or hear anything unusual popping up on the market or rumours through the grapevine, and keep up sending me links to ads for similar cars and parts. Thanks sooo much for all your help, the response is really amazing.
jhadler
Car thieves...
ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

Wow, that sucks. I hope they find it intact and unharmed.

However, the skeptic that I am says that it's already either in a container being loaded on a freighter, or is disassembled. They don't have to sell off all of it, just the stuff that's easy.

-Josh2
Rob-O 1167
That sucks! I hope you find the car and use it to run over the thieves.

My experience has been that it's usually someone close to you (unfortunately) that is the thief. But you probably already know that...

Good luck in finding it, because stuff like this is heartbreaking.
Drums66
QUOTE(Rob-O 1167 @ May 7 2010, 03:08 PM) *

That sucks! I hope you find the car and use it to run over the thieves.

My experience has been that it's usually someone close to you (unfortunately) that is the thief. But you probably already know that...

Good luck in finding it, because stuff like this is heartbreaking.

"I hope you find the car and use it to run over the thieves!!!!"

( please do) idea.gif bye1.gif
john rogers
Was it just the car or car in a trailer? If it is was in the trailer then it is probably in an industrial park somewhere in San Diego like Ted's 356 was a year or two ago and a deputy in Spring Valley found it since someone had painted over the trailer graphics with house paint and they showed through. I would contact the various law enforcement folks as well as the border people in case it tries to go south although it would stick out like a sore thumb down there!
Heeltoe914
Car was stolen out of the guys parking spot at a condo complex. Problem is it was seen driven out and he has all three keys for the car??????
So did a shop or service place make a copy and code the fob?????

Car cant be started without code even if you have the key.

PCNA say 90% are towed away for this reason.

Even if you could Hotwire it NO code no start. So was it Euro style where thay bring out a ECU and a key?????

We may never know but I wont to know, I already had a car stolen at gunpoint so not ever looking to have one stolen again.
corsepervita
Whoa, stolen at gunpoint? That'd be a bit unnerving.
BMXerror
I forwarded this to my buddy who is involved in the Time Attack/NASA community. Hope that helps. Good luck.
ar15.gif
Mark D.
"We may never know but I wont to know, I already had a car stolen at gunpoint so not ever looking to have one stolen again"....for those that like to do this at gun point .. should be in front of a moving train.
Eric_Shea
Best to post a picture in a thread like this:

IPB Image
sean_v8_914
thanks for adding the picture of Carl's car and spreading the word. since I installed the camera system at teh SD border, I have friends htere who loaded the description into the software. hte problem is, now any 996 with a hole in teh side will get inspected
BMXerror
QUOTE(BMXerror @ May 7 2010, 09:11 PM) *

I forwarded this to my buddy who is involved in the Time Attack/NASA community. Hope that helps. Good luck.
ar15.gif
Mark D.

.... AND posted on the local Solo 2 board. icon_bump.gif
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.