Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help towing a 914 from Gilroy to Sonoma ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Guys,
i may need someone with a truck and trailer to help hauling a parts car from Gilroy, CA to Sonoma, CA.

Anyone south-bay-ish who could help with that? I'll be more than happy to pay you, of course and i'll throw in a couple of beers for good measure. beer3.gif

piratenanner.gif Andy
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 7 2010, 03:27 PM) *

Guys,
i may need someone with a truck and trailer to help hauling a parts car from Gilroy, CA to Sonoma, CA.

Anyone south-bay-ish who could help with that? I'll be more than happy to pay you, of course and i'll throw in a couple of beers for good measure. beer3.gif

piratenanner.gif Andy

I have a truck, but no trailer. I would tow it for you though.
Porcharu
Shoot - missed me by a week, had an empty trailer here last Thursday. Now it's sitting in my new garage (with car on top) 145 miles away.
McMark
Mike, I wonder what a tow dolly costs for a day. idea.gif
McMark
Looks like it's round about $50. idea.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2010, 04:30 PM) *

Mike, I wonder what a tow dolly costs for a day. idea.gif

I have a 5x9 trailer at work I could borrow. Not really designed for a car but I think a 914 would fit. Would be a chore to get it on there by myself.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2010, 04:38 PM) *

Looks like it's round about $50. idea.gif

Most CHP officers wouldn't bother you, but in CA it's illegal to move an unregistered car with any or all of the wheels on the ground. Flatbeds and trailers are OK, dollies and towbars aren't. IME, most chippies are too busy with other priorities, but city cops, sheriffs, and the occasional bored CHP officer might be a problem for you. BTDT.

The Cap'n
McMark
Good to know!
koozy
Hey Andy... you get the yellow one? How much was it?
Randal
QUOTE(koozy @ May 8 2010, 12:38 AM) *

Hey Andy... you get the yellow one? How much was it?

What is your time frame for moving whatever it is from Gilroy to Mark's shop?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.