Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this ugly sway bar part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Anybody ever seen something like this before? Is this just the work of a DPO or ? It was in a box of stuff that came with my car that I just got around to sorting through.

It doesn't look like it would be anywhere near strong enough to support a rear sway bar...

IPB Image

-Steve
Eric_Shea
Aftermarket rear sway bar pieces... someone here can identify (not this someone). blink.gif
914Sixer
Maybe Early H&H ?
maf914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 8 2010, 04:28 AM) *

Maybe Early H&H ?

Mark is correct. That is from an early H&H rear sway bar kit. The u-bracket mounts to the lower shock-to-swing arm bolt. The drop link from the sway bar then bolts to the smaller bolt which pivots in the u-bracket.
ArtechnikA
Yes, H&H. Most rear bars are pretty light -- 15-16mm.
Keep in mind that most front antiroll bars use 8mm hardware on the droplinks (which I consider inadequate...).
gandalf_025
Here is a picture of the H+H bar mount installed on my car. I bought it in the mid 70's from H+H. As I remember, he lived in Chelmsford Massachusetts and I drove to his house to pick it up as I lived 2 towns away.

Yeah, that is the original shock still in the car.

Click to view attachment
Katmanken
I got one too.

We're up to three now....
siverson
Ah, I see, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.