Ok team

Are these worth $250 to get my CO set at 2%? popcorn[1].gif

VS just the by ear method? idea.gif
realred914
QUOTE(qa1142 @ May 8 2010, 06:15 AM) *

Ok team

Are these worth $250 to get my CO set at 2%? popcorn[1].gif

VS just the by ear method? idea.gif

very trickt to use, need lots of tests to get results. not real high percision, but they do indicte changes in mixture. I have one.

probaly cheaper to find a gas station with analyzer that wmaybe will let you hook up for a small fee and test with superior accuracey and repeatability.
orange914
on most cars anyway, i used to use the "sniff/miss test" for general idle mix set. since c.o. is oderless and h.c. has "that smell".

once the idle is steady (inbetween rich or lean miss), and no/less smell it's in the window.

mike
mtburman
yes, they do work, yes, somewhat tricky. Picked up one last week trying to adjust CO at idle, compared to emissions testing, it was within reason. Most difficult part is trying to ensure hoses run downhill to prevent moisture buildup and long calibration time, 8 minutes recommended.
zonedoubt
I have one. I used it when adjusting idle and AFM screw last year. It passed emissions with flying colours.

I bought mine from a guy on the Samba for a very good price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.