Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Snow again...ugh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Stop it already! I have outside stuff to do!
mtn flyr
4 inches here on thursday, I'm ready for some dry weather too!
lotus_65
the comfortable february, snow-free march and summer-like april;
if anyone didn't see that coming, i don't know what to say!
...frickin' minnesota.
orange914
global warming? laugh.gif
PRS914-6
Damn California weather....That sun keeps coming out making my weeds grow. smile.gif
On the other hand the taxes here make my wallet shrink. mad.gif bs.gif

Choose your evil.....
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 8 2010, 06:21 AM) *

Stop it already! I have outside stuff to do!

Why is your grass painted white? poke.gif What is snow? tooth.gif
gopack
What can I say, Rick is a snow MAGNET! Be glad he isn't traveling to Tahoe next week, or the event woudl be snowed out!
Move to Florida to combat global warming Rick!
VaccaRabite
We are just getting a few days of 45 - 60 mile an hour winds. Wonder whats going to be broken by the end of the weekend.

Zach
Porcharu
Planted my tomatoes last week and have one little fruit already, we went to the park today and I got a little sunburn smile.gif
Some nice flowers in the back yard too.
MDG
Thankfully no snow here . . . crazy winds the last couple of days. All the apple and cherry trees have been in full bloom and now they're practically blown clean.
Cheapsnake
Absolutely gorgeous spring here...til now.

Tom
ClayPerrine
We have had unheard of temps the last two days.. yesterday was in the upper 70s, and today it never made it to 70. Texas in May should be in the upper 80s to lower 90s.

Gotta admit it though... I like it.
bandjoey
....uh, Mr Gore? Mr Gore??
lol-2.gif
I had to put on a sweater Saturday am to work outside. What gives?
Porcharu
Put these in today - after mixing a cubic yard of fill dirt with shit and soil so stuff would grow in it (cue in Cosby - whats a cubit?)
stephenaki
No snow here, just wet and cold. Was in Vicenza, Italy last week and most of the snow that I saw in March on the Dolomites through Brenner pass was gone. Northern Italy in spring looks like the tropical hills of Thailand.

Gonna be HOT tomorrow, fly into Burkina Faso Africa for a week starting tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will get better by the time I get back.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Porcharu @ May 10 2010, 02:24 AM) *

Put these in today - after mixing a cubic yard of fill dirt with shit and soil so stuff would grow in it (cue in Cosby - whats a cubit?)

Lets see.. a cubit... I used to know what a cubit was.....

Never mind that. Go out the world and collect all the animals by two and put them in the ark!

RIGHT

VaccaRabite

I started my garden last month - we got an early warm in southern PA, so I put in my early season crops. Peas, Zucchini, and sweet peppers. The asparagus has come in strong.

BUt, we had a frost advisory last night. Won't hurt the peas, but maybe will hurt the peppers. We will see. Weird weather. But its sunny so I drove the teener. smile.gif

Zach
stephenaki
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 10 2010, 05:21 AM) *

I started my garden last month - we got an early warm in southern PA, so I put in my early season crops. Peas, Zucchini, and sweet peppers. The asparagus has come in strong.

BUt, we had a frost advisory last night. Won't hurt the peas, but maybe will hurt the peppers. We will see. Weird weather. But its sunny so I drove the teener. smile.gif

Zach

We're just doing strawberries for my 4 year old, she loves to go out and pick them when they are ready. At the moment my yard is starting to resemble a jungle, can't mow the damn thing cause it's been raining since I got back!

As far as cubits, I had to look up the term 'stone' when my Brit buddy mentioned he was getting fat and had gained 4 stones. Soooo, what is a "cubit" or are we gonna have to guess?
Root_Werks
We had some crazy for around here weather last week. Hale that looked like snow on cars etc.

Been a strange Spring so far.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(stephenaki @ May 10 2010, 11:43 AM) *

Zach

We're just doing strawberries for my 4 year old, she loves to go out and pick them when they are ready. At the moment my yard is starting to resemble a jungle, can't mow the damn thing cause it's been raining since I got back!

As far as cubits, I had to look up the term 'stone' when my Brit buddy mentioned he was getting fat and had gained 4 stones. Soooo, what is a "cubit" or are we gonna have to guess?

A cubit was an early form of measurement. It is the distance from your elbow to the tip of your middle finger. Everyone has a slightly different length for the cubit.

What is sad is that I knew that from memory....
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(stephenaki @ May 10 2010, 11:43 AM) *

Zach

Our strawberries are going nuts. So far the only red one got ate by a squirrel. But once they get there (maybe this weekend) it will be close to 2 quarts a day to pick until the end of the run in mid June.

About the only thing about Cali that I miss was the growing season. Strawberries three times a year? Oh yes! Just about everything else I am happy to have left behind.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.