Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Good Crankshaft Timing Gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bobhasissues
Need a good used crankshaft timing gear. ASAP
To be clear, crank gear, not the cam gear.
Mine has been pulled too many times and is marred up.
Part# 021 105 209 A
Please PM me with price if you have one.
Thanks,
Bob

Edited the part number,
had the gear for a six listed,
I need the gear for a four.
ME733
...To bobhasissues......I understand that a "good"used crankshaft timing gear will be cheaper than a new one.....AA has them NEW for $ 75.00......BUT with a USED ONE you will , must check, the crank and cam gear runout....AFTER the "good used crank gear" has been installed on the crankshaft....1. with crank and cam laying in ONE half of the crankcase...2. Place a dial indicator on the CAMSHAFT bearing(s) surface(s)...3. If the camshaft moves away from the crank gear,(jumps) during rotation it,s due to an interference fit , high spots,...generally where the crankshaft gear teeth were D I S T O R T E D ....by the gear puller......IF, IF, IF,....heat was applied to the gear,during the removal process it can come off undistorted....You will know this as the gear will have a sometimes blueish color, and be crud free...(as crud really makes a smoking mess when heated and even an idiot will want to clean it before removal if heat is going to be applied).).......SO , as a rule of thumb, a good used crank gear (for the cam) will be CLEAN, and have a blueish color-sort-of...4. if you do not trust yourself, or have a dial indicator, your best bet is to BUY A NEW ONE.........................to consider.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.