Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9mm I.D. Rubber No Cloth Fuel Line. Where 2 Buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
9mm I.D. Rubber No Cloth Fuel Line. Where 2 Buy? Seems like everywhere has either 8mm I.D. rubber line or 9mm I.D. Cloth cover fuel evappoation hose.. Anybody point me ??
avidfanjpl
Pelican Parts has 7 and 9mm fuel pressure rated hoses. I actually also bought 8mm to run where I had to go from the tank to the fuel filter, and it was really snug, but I am OK with that. I used nonrated lines 2 months ago and split a hose, but it hardly leaked, as I happened to shut the car off when the line split.

So, use rated hoses, even where it doesn't need it. I would have set the whole place on fire if I had idled in the garage.

6 bucks per meter. I can recommend the quality of the lines as I just installed them, but don't be too shocked, some of it actually said BMW on the lines.

They shipped it same day.

Good luck!

My back still hurts from bending over installing them.

John
avidfanjpl
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ May 8 2010, 08:40 PM) *

Pelican Parts has 7 and 9mm fuel pressure rated hoses. I actually also bought 8mm to run where I had to go from the tank to the fuel filter, and it was really snug, but I am OK with that. I used nonrated lines 2 months ago and split a hose, but it hardly leaked, as I happened to shut the car off when the line split.

So, use rated hoses, even where it doesn't need it. I would have set the whole place on fire if I had idled in the garage.

6 bucks per meter. I can recommend the quality of the lines as I just installed them, but don't be too shocked, some of it actually said BMW on the lines.

They shipped it same day.

Good luck!

My back still hurts from bending over installing them.

John
avidfanjpl

Thank you, I am a big Pelican Head, could not find 9mm in rubber only cloth, yes some said BMW,
I need to run the tank to filter, all the rest has been done for some time but have a possible issue in that area using the 9mm cloth only in that area currently and exactly at the feed to filter line, which by desighn is ackward even with the tapered hose.. 9mm to 8mm 8mm to 7mm then back to 9mm.. Maybe I will try 8mm just in that 7 inch drop..
Lennies914
I used 5/16" (7.9mm) from napa auto parts. Also being on the suction side of the fuel pump you can use standard fuel line as opposed to the high priced high pressure line.
Also just FYI 3/8" is = to 9.5mm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.