Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now my car does not start!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
So all I did today was put the car on ramps, put a new muffler set-up turn the car over, drove down the ramps, clean-up a few things.
tried to start the car, and nothing it just cranks headbang.gif
I could hear the injectors with the key on? I have juice at points, check gap/check relays/car did start for a while and just stop headbang.gif
....Does the pump go on for the 2 sec/ every time I hit the key?
Lennies914
My pump runs everytime I turn the key on.
underthetire
D jet runs the pump for about 2 seconds with the key on.
Tom
D-jet runs the pump for @ 1.5 sec upon turning the key on, then ECU turns it on after greater than 100 RPMs are reached. Turns off if engine stalls.
Tom
Tom_T
QUOTE(oldschool @ May 8 2010, 09:43 PM) *

....Does the pump go on for the 2 sec/ every time I hit the key?

The pump always runs at start up to pressurize the system, then thereafter while running/driving to keep the pressure & flow to specs - when it's working properly.
oldschool
Thanks all, I will check out the relays also, funny thing is that a few times it started and I played with the idle screw, and I may have jacked it up headbang.gif
zx-niner
Just a reminder to spray some starter spray into the filter. If it fires you can figure fuel. If not, start checking the ignition wiring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.