Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racing 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Silverstreak
QUOTE(rwilner @ May 9 2010, 09:24 AM) *
Rich, He's not passing anything. Those wusses are pointing him by. Looks like a DE event not a race. if you want to see passing try this video

Like a Le Mans prototype through GT traffic.
naro914
scott
Is that you driving? I would have guessed it was Keith Peare from Powertech - I've watched him drive many times - amazing....
Elliot Cannon
What sanctioning body lets you "race" in a short sleeve shirt? stirthepot.gif
porschecb
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 9 2010, 10:09 AM) *

I saw that also. WTF.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 9 2010, 10:32 AM) *

I saw that also. WTF.gif

Cool gloves though. biggrin.gif
naro914
on the first video? That was obviously a DE, passenger in the car too...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(porschecb @ May 9 2010, 10:32 AM) *

I saw that also. WTF.gif

That down shift in the first 20 seconds was brutal blink.gif That hurts when you hear that unsure.gif
r_towle
I did not see one person that would give him a hard time.

Rich
naro914
That car is amazing...2.0 liter 6, very light, very fast, and Keith is an amazing driver. Everyone knows him, and everyone knows he will pass you one way or another, might as well just let him through.
When he uses the 'bigger' engine, he can give 996 cups a run for their money...
PlaysWithCars
That's insane! He is absolutely flying! Great driving through traffic.

Bob (naro914) - is there more info on the web about the car? I'd love to read more about his set up, weight, ...
naro914
Not that I know of. From what I remember, the car is a constant state of development. Keith is not the type to go show everyone what he's doing, he just takes in on the track and shows by winning. He owns his own shop (Powertech), so just works on it nights/weekends and really knows what he's doing.

That car is the ultimate example of a go-kart with a lot of hp. No windshield, lots of tube framing, very stiff, very light, etc. He even runs very small stock 914 brakes because they are lighter (and he obviously doesn't use them much). IIRC, 15" wheels for faster acceleration, re-geared transmission, etc. I only know this stuff because I used to live in NJ and knew Keith and the shop - and the car.

Here's a link to them with some pics of the car under Keith's name.
http://www.pwr-tech.com/ourstory.html
Krieger
PESKY!
davidj
QUOTE(plays with cars @ May 9 2010, 11:38 PM) *

That's insane! He is absolutely flying! Great driving through traffic.

Bob (naro914) - is there more info on the web about the car? I'd love to read more about his set up, weight, ...

This is from the You Tube site;

The engine in this car is a 2808cc 6 cylinder with carbs. Nothing too special - stock rods and steel valves with a liitle head work. I do have the whole video, but youtube has a 10 minute limit. I just posted Lap 4 from that race, which is a clearer lap with two interesting passes. I am converting some video from other tracks - Lime Rock, Mosport, Summit Point, etc. and will post a lap or two from each. 2 years ago
naro914
Ah, didn't realize he had a 2.8. I've seen him run through the pack with the 2.0 too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.