Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wireing question on -6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
Where does the brown and white wire go that comes from the turn signal and high beam switch, on a 70 914-6?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ May 9 2010, 10:48 AM) *

Where does the brown and white wire go that comes from the turn signal and high beam switch, on a 70 914-6?

Horn relay?
JoeSharp
So I hooked up the trouble light to the wire and could not get it to show me the light. All of the lihgts work fine and no signal there. Just going to tape it off somewhere and go to the WCR.
ClayPerrine
IIRC it doesn't go anywhere. On the 911, where they got the switch, it was wired to power, so that when you pulled the turn signal switch, the high beams would flash.

Do this... hook up the test light to it, and see if it gets power when the high beams are on and you pull the switch......
JoeSharp
Thanks Clay, went there did that. I think Mike is correct. I figured it out at 4:20 this morning. It's to early to test it out yet. I was thinking about all the other stuff and since the horn worked before I didn't evan think about it.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ May 10 2010, 06:48 AM) *

Thanks Clay, went there did that. I think Mike is correct. I figured it out at 4:20 this morning. It's to early to test it out yet. I was thinking about all the other stuff and since the horn worked before I didn't evan think about it.

If it goes to the horn relay, you should be able to hook a test light to it, and hook the other end of the light to power. Then push the horn button and make the light flash.
JoeSharp
Yes and I would have if I were thinking about the horn at the time I was doing the testing. Now that I have driven the car I have done the real test. Everything works.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.