Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber Grommets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearhead1432
A lot of the rubber grommets for the wiring and cables in my engine compartment are in rough shape or just missing all together. I can't find any part numbers off the PET. Are replacement grommets available somewhere or am I out of luck? Examples would be where wiring passes through the engine sheet metal and most of the control cables where they exit the lower firewall.

Thanks,
Rob
DonTraver
You can pick up a package of various sized grommets at your local Flaps.
Tom_T
TCsGarage.com sells the one for the CHT wire (may work on other stuff too), & AA, Pelican, PP, SMC, etc. have various others IIRC.

Some are simply NLA - unless Mark - Mikey914 steps up to make repros!

BTW - Mark I'll definitely need that firewall snorkel one that you were debating making on another post here awhile back, along with the other grommets there.

Gearhead - search here for Mikey914's snorkel thread & get on his list for those 2 types at least.
Mikey914
I have the ones that go through the sheet metal in the back of the engine tin to the starter area. .65 each, I'm sourcing more, and will probably make a few if not available.

-Mark
Gearhead1432
This is the specific part and where it is installed. There are two more smaller ones that I managed to save.

-Rob

Click to view attachment
Rand
Do you have a good local hardware store? Mine has grommets galore. Grommets are grommets. Get the right size. Don't worry about brand or vendor.
Gearhead1432
I can't even remember what was routed through this grommet. Maybe I should just plug these extra holes. The starter/reverse sensor wiring is on the driver's side.

There was a lot of crazy rewiring in the engine compartment with extra ground wires and a ford starter relay also.

-Rob

Found the part.
This number just about says it all.
111 971 907
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.