Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Want to verify no difference between 86-88 911 Turbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
angerosa
When considering a 1986 through 1988 911 turbo. Is there any difference that makes any one year better than another. Looks like they are pretty much the same??? I know 1989 turbo had same engine and body but had a G50 trans. I know the experts in here will be able to tell me all the minute differences. Thanks in advance.
sww914
The G-50 is a big plus.
burton73
I know this is not answering your question but the 89 turbo is the one to get, as it was the last of that vintage and the best of the collectable. The last car built when they stopped making them for several years and lots of people believe that they will be the most valuable in the future if you are lucky.

angerosa
Yes I know about the G50. I'm thinking more about a car to drive for a while and then turn into a doner car. So I'm not interested in the collector aspect. If I don't have a G50 and my transmission breaks it should be less expensive to fix. Don't feel I need a G50 for a 914. That's my thinking anyway. You do see a price jump when you go from 88 to 89. I'm looking for cheaper fun I guess.
EdwardBlume
I've seen some wicked deals on gray market 930s, but if you want that kind of action, why not find a nice 993?
Spoke
I bought my 86 last year and it is a lot of fun to drive. The turbo kick is amazing and when I punch it in 2nd gear, my passengers giggle like little schoolgirls.

I don't know the differences in the motors over the years. The G50 is the most sought after tranny. I haven't seen any 930's priced a low as this one was. Most I see are in the mid 20s to upper 30s. This one was less than 20 by a motivated seller.
angerosa
QUOTE(RobW @ May 12 2010, 07:30 PM) *

I've seen some wicked deals on gray market 930s, but if you want that kind of action, why not find a nice 993?

Because I want a doner car eventually. 996 was water cooled right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.