Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route to
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I'm thinking of going as far a Stockton on I-5 then taking Route 88 from Stockton to Tahoe. Anyone familiar with Rout 88? Nice drive or not worth the trouble?

It's iether that or I-5 to Sacramento and 50 to tahoe?
Cheers, Elliot
biosurfer1
50 is more direct, but I actually prefer that road to most, as long as the weather is holding up (it should be)

88 out of Stockton is a nice drive though too. You'll go past Kirkwood Ski resort and through Jackson.

I don't think you'll disappointed with either...however going 88 will add about ~1.5 hours to the drive
Tom_T
Only thing to look out for Elliott ~ is CHP's new speeder enforcement "weapon" .......

Click to view attachment

Say "Cheers!" to Tony Dawson for me if you see him up there, & lift one together for me! beerchug.gif
jcd914
The route that the "SF Bay area caravan to WCR" is taking on Thursday goes from Sac over to 88 and up 88.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105239

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....180054&z=8

I like 88 as a route driving.gif but it has been awhile since I have been on it and don't know how good or bad the road is or how much the little towns have grown. Lived in Pioneer for a short while.

Jim
Andyrew
Elliot, When are you driving up?
effutuo101
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 10 2010, 10:09 PM) *

Only thing to look out for Elliott ~ is CHP's new speeder enforcement "weapon" .......

Click to view attachment

Say "Cheers!" to Tony Dawson for me if you see him up there, & lift one together for me! beerchug.gif

LOL! The freeway looks a lot like the 395 in Mass going towards Hopkington. It has been a while since I have seen this picture.
Tom_T
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ May 11 2010, 08:39 AM) *

LOL! The freeway looks a lot like the 395 in Mass going towards Hopkington. It has been a while since I have seen this picture.

I have no idea where it was taken & assume it's a photo-montage somebody did, since an Army aircrew would be in deep doo-doo for misuse of equipment to do it for real. But it cracked me up when I first saw it earlier this year, & stillget a giggle every time I find an appropriate time to reuse it - like poke.gif fun at Elliott.

Elliott - how did I miss you at G&R? confused24.gif
I was the DA who tried to get my blue VW Westy 88 Vanagon into the back area about 9:30, but wisely decided against it!

Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.