Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reliability Vibes for Dave Hunt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
Dave was talking at the Porsche and VW shows a week ago that he's taking his wife Betsy to WCR this year. In the past she has been a little skeptical of his 914's reliability....not without reason. He expressed that it was very important to have a pleasant, trouble-free journey where the only wrenching he did was on other people's cars.

So let's all send out our best vibes to ensure his wishes come true.

Good luck Dave! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
drgchapman
Wishing Dave and Betsy and smooth and safe trip.
EdwardBlume
Good luck Dave grouphug.gif

Wifey support (or ignorance) is soooo important for our hobbies..... lol-2.gif
Root_Werks
driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
Tom
Dave and Betsy, have a great trip and take lots of pics for us stay behinders. biggrin.gif
Tom
Jake Raby
Dave has had his share of nightmares.. I swear the man has the worst mechanical luck of anyone I have ever encountered.

I'll be praying for them. (and me)
6freak
God speed my friend!
Root_Werks
I think he said he would have left OR on the 11th right?

Should he be there tomorrow then?
ConeDodger
Relax... That car would not dare break down with Betsy on board! smash.gif She would fix it... mad.gif
Ferg
Travel well Dave and Betsy bye1.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 11 2010, 05:00 PM) *

Dave has had his share of nightmares.. I swear the man has the worst mechanical luck of anyone I have ever encountered.

I'll be praying for them. (and me)

I just got a funny picture of Jake heading out to hunt down a sacraficial boar to offer to the gods.....

Have a great trip Dave...and hopefully your wife will understand your 914 thing once she meets all the great people.

Rich
sixnotfour
icon_bump.gif

I hope I didn't see him in any of pictures is my blind eyes.
jim_hoyland
Dave's 914 really ran nice; here is Dave and Betsy at Richardson Bay Friday.
ConeDodger
Yup! Dave and Betsy did fine on the way down. Loved the story about the tooth extraction for a guy sitting on a toilet! Here is to the same reliability on the way home! Good to see you two again... A Mark or Randy shot from Saturday's Targa Tahoe...
sixnotfour
smilie_pokal.gif Nice
IronHillRestorations
Woo Hoo Dave! Ready to drive to TN for the "All 914 Jam and Wrench Fest'??
DNHunt
Thanks for all the good wishes. We are on the way home and in Red Bluff. The car is doing fine. Jake, the engine is doing great. This is actually it's second trip down the coast and it's got something like 12,000 miles on and a ton of smiles.

Fuel injection is a little spotty. I think it is over correcting for altitude as I had to use the tuning knob to richen it up. The higher we went, the more it needed. It was the reverse of flying a plane. It doesn't want to start at at high elevation, but now we are reasonable elevations everything is OK. Naturally, it decides to be funky as far away from Tahoe as we could be Saturday. A bunch of guys stayed with us until it started with a huge back fire that scared everyone. Paul Sayeur followed me in and we got back in for the BBQ.

In Crescent City on the way down, I thought a front wheel bearing went out, but it was 2 of the 5 bolts that had backed out of the hub that hold the rotor on. I cleaned it up on the side of the road. Betsy thought it was great because we got a bunch of help from some really nice people.

We're having a great time and actually talking about a trip around the US when I retire some day.

Dave
Root_Werks
driving.gif
Eddie914
Dave,

Wow! It sounds like you had a great time and made it home in one piece.

I have had horrible luck in the past on family trips with our motorhome/boat/SUV. Luckily we have great families who try to make the best of the situation. My wife simply states "it's time for another ADVENTURE".

Maybe I should buy a new vehicle sometime ... or at least something with less than 100,000 miles.

Cheers,

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.