Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Transmissions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
A little over a week to go and I/we have started preparations to toss transmissions in the bed and clothes in the cabin of the truck.

Here is victim #1 for scavenging (appears as a solid rebuildable core).

Background: Found an ad on Craigslist in the Little Rock for 914 parts. Ad was for 1970 engine and transmission for $250. I emailed the guy found out the parts were in Hot Springs and a complete fuel tank & steering wheel were included. So, my Dad and I drove out last Wednesday. Lake Ouachita looked so nice that day.

So, we got there found out it was a heck of a lot more parts than the guy mentioned. The long bed was completely full with stuff piled high and the back seat crammed full.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
A&PGirl
Victim #1 (Err... rebuilder #1)

Surprise! Someone put a sideshifter in the 1970 car!

Click to view attachment

Now, is this a crack on the tail or a repaired crack?

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

I would just like to note: If you (or someone you know) fall under the category of PO and your tail cone is leaking, please don't revert to DAPO status and seal the cone to the intermediate plate. It doesn't help and you still leak. screwy.gif
Dr Evil
Glad to see you got it apart wink.gif Sealant is verboten!
A&PGirl
Just brought 5 more home in the truck. The rest are in The Corner and will stay that way for a while. Found another transmission with the tail cone sealed with sealant.

Maybe I should start a list of transmission #'s in my sig for people seeking their transmission? popcorn[1].gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.