Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area - Sonoma Historics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgara962
I saw on the schedule today that there is a sportscar tour the Friday of the Sonoma Historic races so I e-mailed for more information. Here is what I got:

We meet at the track about 9:30 AM and try to leave around 10:30 AM. Cruise out Hwy 121 and stop along the way to have those that got separated catch up, have some water and a stretch then head to Landmark Winery where we will enjoy a BBQ lunch, tour, and wine tasting. We head back to the track around 2:00 to watch some racing and at the end of the day after the racing is comleted, everyone takes a few laps around the tracks and your picture is taken. The cost is $50 per person.

I think it sounds pretty cool and I might sign up. I was going to the races on Saturday anyway. It would be fun to have a few 914's out there. If you are interested you can contact Mike D'Addaio at 707-33-3941 or mdaddario@infineoraceway.com
RoadGlue
I couldn't remember what dates the Historic Races fell on this year, so I looked it up. June 5/6, so the tour would be on the 4th. wink.gif

I don't think I can justify the extra $50 to go on a tour (even with lunch), though I may try to go to the event on the 6th. Not sure though being that I went last year. The same cars show up every year and I haven't purchased any fun camera gear to make going worth while. Need to wait a few years between visits.

http://www.infineonraceway.com/tickets/son...ports_festival/
Chris Pincetich
Very interesting beerchug.gif
I will be at Infineon for the the SVR PCA AX May 29th, come out and play driving.gif
casey944
My wife and i are planning on attending... coming in from DC... any recommendations about things to do? Will be flying in on Saturday and going to the races on sunday.
jgara962
QUOTE(casey944 @ May 12 2010, 09:59 AM) *

My wife and i are planning on attending... coming in from DC... any recommendations about things to do? Will be flying in on Saturday and going to the races on sunday.

It depends on how long you are staying and where. In Napa and Sonoma, there are countless wineries to visit, a lot of shopping, and great restaurants.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.