Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Tony C doing the OTC???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I cannot access web site to see his progress blink.gif blink.gif
L8Apex
You can always check out NSX Files
Brad Roberts
I spoke to him today. He said the car was severely underpowered compared to who they are up against.

B
Tony C
Yes I did OTC. I drove a Miata with my suspension design and 135hp at the wheels. It was supposed to have 180+ at the wheels. My competition was a BMW 328 World challenge car on slicks. I had only driven Thunderhill out of all the tracks we went to. I won at Buttonwillow and came second all the other days. The BMW would pull me 8-10 car lengths down each straight so I was having to drive the wheels off the little Miata. After the third day we actually taped a dyno chart on our hood, lets just say people were now noticing how well we were doing with what we brought. It looks like I have been "hired" to run again next year, this time we will bring an AK47 to the gun fight.

-Tony
L8Apex
you never ran buttonwillow and/or streets?

Bring this next year ar15.gif
Tony C
Terrence, Yes even though I have 50+ days at Sear point, 30+ at T-hill, and 20+ at Laguna, I had never driven Derek Daily, Parump, Buttonwillow, or Big Willow. Big Willow was probably the most fun. I "only" lost by ~1 second that day on a course that really favors HP. I LOVE fast tracks, separates the Men from the Boys.

-Tony
L8Apex
I really need to get my ass down to willow springs/streets of willows
seanery
The big track is fast.
Tony, what did you think of 8/9? Keep the right foot planted?
Tony C
Seanery, Due to the lack of power I was flat from the turn in of 5 until turn 1. The turn in for 9 was "interesting" but once you got the car tuned in it was fine.

-Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.