Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She's loaded and ready to go, NJ here I come...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Sold my daily driver to a follow member and tomorrow I'm headed to New Jersey to deliver it. My truck is PACKED with parts. Spare engine, tranny, hoods, seats, etc, etc, etc. Mapquest says it's just under 1,100 miles.

Wish me luck....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
underthetire
Good luck, and your back tire looks low.
ConeDodger
Have a safe trip Paul... Don't get lost and end up in Tahoe!!! Oh wait, I meant do get lost and end up in Tahoe! biggrin.gif
carr914
Have Fun, Sorry I couldn't go with you, but I have some serious Post-Whoring to do.
EdwardBlume
Have a safe trip.. beer.gif
PeeGreen 914
Have a safe trip....sooooo, what are you bringing home? poke.gif
URY914
QUOTE(underthetire @ May 12 2010, 03:40 PM) *

Good luck, and your back tire looks low.

I knew somebody would catch that. Thanks
jimkelly
if you are passin thru southern de - email me.

jim
rmital
where in NJ are you going..??
If in Northeastern NJ, and you got some time we could have a 914er gathering.
URY914
South Jersey, just east of Philly.
SLKWrx
Hey man,

Welcome to the area! What town?

-- Steve
bcheney
That trailer works like a charm....Have a safe trip Paul. I'm glad you were able to find a good home for the car.
URY914
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ May 12 2010, 06:34 PM) *

Hey man,

-- Steve

Medford NJ
Spoke
Wow! You sell the car AND deliver it. Sweet deal. Good luck on the trip up and down RT95. Remember the rule of the interstate: Speed limit is the route number. For you it's 95MPH.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 13 2010, 09:04 AM) *

Wow! You sell the car AND deliver it. Sweet deal. Good luck on the trip up and down RT95. Remember the rule of the interstate: Speed limit is the route number. For you it's 95MPH.

HAH! From Fredricksburg VA to north of Baltimore MD, your average speed on 95 will be 1/3 of that!

Seriously (and it may be too late) consider using Rt 301 or Rt 15 to bypass I95 around DC. Sometimes 95 is fast. But more often, it is nearly 60 miles of pure suck for that stretch of road.

Zach
rmital
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 13 2010, 07:19 AM) *

QUOTE(SLKWrx @ May 12 2010, 06:34 PM) *

Hey man,

-- Steve

Medford NJ

...that seems to be in the middle of nowhere. what's your schedule?
flipb
As you pass exit 166 in Virginia, look for German Auto Group off the left side of I-95. There's a Saturn Yellow 914 parked there. (Mine)

Around that point, you're also about two miles from my house... but presume you're passing by during the day and I'm downtown at work.
type11969
Good luck, Medford is close to Philly, feel free to hit me up if you have any problems, etc.

Genos? We can get better cheesesteaks than that. And I'm not talking about Pats.

-Chris
URY914
I'm back. biggrin.gif

No problems on the trip. Two days up and two days back. driving.gif

I-495 around DC was fun with a loaded truck and trailer. sad.gif

URY914
Here are the numbers....

Total miles = 2,193

Overall miles per gallon, up and back = 17.13 mpg. Not bad for a V-6.

Total spent on gas = $390.00

One toll was $23.00. sad.gif

Pulling an empty trailer back was easy, almost too easy. The trailer is aluminum and very light. It was jumping off the ground when I would hit bumps. I could see the tires come off the ground. This would also jack the truck all around and the ride was like a old roller coaster. I stopped at a Lowes and bought 250 pounds of playground sand in bags and put them in the back of the truck. This helped the ride quality of the truck a whole lot. Today I took the sand back to Lowes and got my money back. I also borrowed a spare tire from Northern Tool. Returned that today too. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.