Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damn window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mk114
So on my way into work this morning, the drivers window bound, then when I try to roll it down further. POP

It came undone. It then proceeded to fall into the Door.

Another afternoon that I am going to have to figure this out.

passenger window already has issues so fun for me.

PS anybody got any tricks to fixing windows?
markb
What year car?
mk114
1971 Early type.
realred914
the window fell off the little plastci holder ont eh mechanism. mine used to do that, had to take off the interior panel and get at it. not a big deal if it is not raining!!!

have fun!!!! beerchug.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif sawzall-smiley.gif screwy.gif santa_smiley.gif icon8.gif
detoxcowboy
They just don't make things that last anymore drunk.gif

What your really needing to pay attention too when you get in there is where all the allighnment bolts ect.. ect.. Because if your window was sealing tight before this happened
you do not want to lose that, if you do lose that then its a wack a mole pain to get it right again..

As far as the repair, It will be self evident when you get the panel off.. Might as well fix both sides since you say your having issues with the other one too..

Before you close it all up again, check several times the operation of it, slam your door check again then slam and check agin. check it with door open, check it with door closed.

The reason I say that is I have heard of, and can see it happening. You do all that work, going to the store or work a couple of times and bam wondow drops again..
JmuRiz
I had the same thing happen to my passenger window, on a '73 though...so I'm not sure what will need to be fixed till I take the door panel off.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 14 2010, 08:30 AM) *

I had the same thing happen to my passenger window, on a '73 though...so I'm not sure what will need to be fixed till I take the door panel off.

I have a '74 and your fix can be as simple as one bolt worked itself out
underthetire
QUOTE(realred914 @ May 14 2010, 08:16 AM) *

the window fell off the little plastci holder ont eh mechanism. mine used to do that, had to take off the interior panel and get at it. not a big deal if it is not raining!!!

have fun!!!! beerchug.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif sawzall-smiley.gif screwy.gif santa_smiley.gif icon8.gif

Didn't know, sorry.
KELTY360
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 14 2010, 08:22 AM) *

Before you close it all up again, check several times the operation of it, slam your door check again then slam and check agin. check it with door open, check it with door closed.

I cringed every time you said SLAM THE DOOR. Why would you ever SLAM THE DOOR? The only people who SLAM THE DOOR are non-teeners who simply don't know any better.

This was not meant as a SLAM, detox; just a general observation/pet peeve, and your fingers got caught. headbang.gif grouphug.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 14 2010, 11:14 AM) *

I cringed every time you said SLAM THE DOOR. Why would you ever SLAM THE DOOR? The only people who SLAM THE DOOR are non-teeners who simply don't know any better.

This was not meant as a SLAM, detox; just a general observation/pet peeve, and your fingers got caught. headbang.gif grouphug.gif

I am not a teener.. bootyshake.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 14 2010, 11:40 AM) *

Sorry man, didn't mean to offend. As long as I've had 914s it has always irritated me when a passenger slams the door when simple pressure gets the job done. I love the solid 'click' I hear when doors or trunk lids are closed gently. It's a tribute to the build quality Porsche put into these cars (had one new also).

Sorry for the hijack.
messix
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 14 2010, 11:40 AM) *

don't you own a porsche 914?

if you do then you're a "Teener"!
detoxcowboy
Kelty360/Marc and I made peace, very cool guy. We agreed that if you can't shut your door hard even a couple times without the window dropping into the door, then it is not fixed.. Joe
KELTY360
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 14 2010, 08:14 PM) *

Kelty360/Marc and I made peace, very cool guy.

Hear that Greenie? Troy? poke.gif
messix
bs.gif he hasn't met you in person!

you are so crafty in being so charming online but that doesn't fool us that have had to endure your rogue and dangerous demeanor in person!
jaxdream
Mark at 914rubber.com sells the buttons for early style windows, he's one of the vendors on the board , check him out in the vendor's section.
Some of the early 73's had the early style windows in them , I have onw and am going to look into this situation before I start driving it.Good luckk...

Jack / Jaxdream
markb
Clean & lube everything while you have the door panel off, too. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.