Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: upholstery vinyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Does anyone know which outlet stocks the vinyl that has the same grain pattern as the factory dash, center console, etc? I have some recovering to do of several pieces.
detoxcowboy
under all of porsche, and it takes some diggin, pelican parts has severl types of vinyl and leather
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(thomasotten @ May 14 2010, 08:44 AM) *

Does anyone know which outlet stocks the vinyl that has the same grain pattern as the factory dash, center console, etc? I have some recovering to do of several pieces.

All of the usual suppliers who advertise on this site have the proper stuff. 70 is one style, 71 is one style, 72-74 is another style, and 75-75 is the last style.
IronHillRestorations
[/quote]

All of the usual suppliers who advertise on this site have the proper stuff. 70 is one style, 71 is one style, 72-74 is another style, and 75-75 is the last style.
[/quote]

Except for the early light tan smooth grain vinyl. I don't think that's available anywhere. I need a set of early door panels for my 6.
rudedude
Have you tried autos international in escondido, ca?
They seem to have all the matching vinyl for 356 and early 911.
dflesburg
WorldUpholstery.com
Tom_T
QUOTE(thomasotten @ May 14 2010, 08:44 AM) *

CAMP914 & AA both do quality dash top & other pad recovers just like OE parts, as well as the sail/rollbar vinyl (Porsche may still carry the latter too).

Both the above, plus Appearance & Performance (morph on vendors here), Pelican, Sierra Madre Collection, PP/Automotion, etc. carry various vinyls & reupholstery kits/sets & materials.

I also found this place in SoCal with sets & materials: http://worlduph.com/
> I think this is what dflesburg may have meant, since the other link is in Toronto Ont., CAN & looks like a furniture upholstery place (I just checked).

From what I understand, it's only the black which is close enough of a match to put side by side, since the #31 Beige (tan, cinnamon, caramel, etc.) & Brown, etc. are a little different than the OEM materials.
thomasotten
The one from worlduph I ordered. It is a Porsche vinyl, I have seen it before. But, it is not the same grain as what is on the upper dash. The upper dash grain matches the console grain. There are vendors that sell a strip of vinyl to replace the upper dash, but that is just a strip. I need more. So, where can one buy the same vinyl that is on the upper dash?
914Sixer
Thomas,
Try Cloth World and some of the other big fabric stores. I found the correct material on one of the closeout tables. They have pieces from all the roll ends cheap. I think I might have some black left over. Call me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.