Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How come the Chinese couldn't have discovered this in 1970?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
A use for cigarette butts

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100513/sc_nm/us_butts
zymurgist
Cool! Maybe they'll start executing people who throw their butts out of their car windows.
thomasotten
In 1970 we were smart enough not to be in bed with the Communist Chinese.
AvalonFal
Does that mean we can just smear cigarette butts all over our 914's now and they won't rust anymore????

Paul
underthetire
The cars would be re-called if they did. Could be addictive and harmful to your health.

Sound familiar? biggrin.gif
carr914
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ May 14 2010, 03:54 PM) *

Does that mean we can just smear cigarette butts all over our 914's now and they won't rust anymore????

Paul

Just in the Hell-Hole. According to Rico, this will now be called the Butt-Hole dry.gif
Katmanken
So if this really works, how come it wasn't noticed before???

I can see it now in this old 1930's black and white movie....

A rusty tramp steamer is at sea in the Atlantic ..

The watch is smoking, takes a last draw, drops the butt, and grinds it out with his foot to make a black mark on the deck.

He notices that there are other blackened circular splotches on the rusty deck and they have NO RUST....... idea.gif

When he gets to port, he immediately patents Butt Paint, the paint that stops rust dead.....
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(kwales @ May 15 2010, 11:24 AM) *

So if this really works, how come it wasn't noticed before???

I can see it now in this old 1930's black and white movie....

A rusty tramp steamer is at sea in the Atlantic ..

The watch is smoking, takes a last draw, drops the butt, and grinds it out with his foot to make a black mark on the deck.

He notices that there are other blackened circular splotches on the rusty deck and they have NO RUST....... idea.gif

When he gets to port, he immediately patents Butt Paint, the paint that stops rust dead.....

agree.gif Ha very funny... only thing is I thought most old timey ship decks were wooden?!? (not a ship expert by any means)

BTW I see you're also in the Queen City!!! Closest member I've met so far is from northern Indiana and that was at random at the 12hrs of Sebring a few months back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.