Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frys sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
http://www.frys.com/product/5120286?site=s...ectronics:Spot2

49.00 for Polk's !

They also had a Dual in dash head unit with bluetooth, USB, and Ipod connector for 88.00 in the paper. Too bad my stereo is done.
Rob-O 1167
Look good. But I always thought it was the depth that had to correct in order for the speaker not to crush the heater tube behind the speaker cover. I wonder what the depth of these are...
burton73
It says that the depth is 2 inches on the bottom mount. I just measured a plastic grill from my early 6 and from the plastic pins that sit 1/4 back of the grills the current speakers that was in the car was 2 inches. The 4 x 6 is no problem. The mounts are 4 3/8 x 4 3/8

I am going to CK these out, as my speakers are shit. I bought some up scale special from a special radio company and maybe my old radio is just junk but my radio is junk next to any car I back in the day. Bacxk in my 914 in the 80s I put in good sounds.

Bob
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Rob-O 1167 @ May 14 2010, 03:14 PM) *

Look good. But I always thought it was the depth that had to correct in order for the speaker not to crush the heater tube behind the speaker cover. I wonder what the depth of these are...

you can crush into it a little 1/4" to 1/2", does not effect anything, german hose replacement to do both sides is about $25 (pelican parts under 911 ect), but if you still have the 30 year old hose then you risk tear or cracking it, but then again the old hose is filthy inside after 30 years.. so go for it, replace with new hose paper aluminum paper same as stock that can take a dimple,...

better to have nice sound w/ those Polks, (very nice by the way..) and fresh clean hose than , crap sounds and hot filth a blowin' blink.gif
JTarver
If I ever start a rock band...tha'ts what I'm gonna name it..."Hot filth a blowin". lol
Course..I guess you could go on tour with "Crap sounds" as your lead band. eheh
burton73
Like I said. 2 inches for the base speaker and the factory speaker was right at that in my 6 and the heater hose was fine. I went to Frys and got 3 sets for $49 a set. One set for each of my 914’s they are $49. On line. I cleaned out my Frys.

You can get these from some other places for $59, or $69 each and some for $99 put I think they are stopping making them. The box says great for marine use. Very heave magnets.

Bob
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(JTarver @ May 15 2010, 05:49 PM) *

If I ever start a rock band...tha'ts what I'm gonna name it..."Hot filth a blowin". lol
Course..I guess you could go on tour with "Crap sounds" as your lead band. eheh

HAHA! my thoughts when I read that too! "Hot Filth A-Blowin Ft. Crap Sounds". mighty fine music they make, I would pay $5... small venue only of course.
charliew
They must be out it says check availability and I couldn't get past the checkout page. I guess I will call them tomorrow. Thanks for the info though. That is a very good deal it seems to me.

Ok I called that store in the link and they only have one speaker. The sales rep said that you may need to go to a individual store and they may have some? It's interesting that online it doesn't go to the warehouse for order filling. Oh well. My 914 has new speakers but they are not polks.

Well I got to thinking and went back and changed the order to one set and it worked. I guess the rep didn't know whether it was one speaker or one set. So hooray Now I only hope I don't end up with 3 sets. But if I do they look like they will also work in the fieros.
jcb29
There are several available for in store pick around the DFW area:

Store Location Availability
Arlington, TX Includes display item 5120286 Polk Audio DB461P
Irving, TX Includes display item 5120286 Polk Audio DB461P
Dallas, TX Includes display item 5120286 Polk Audio DB461P
Plano, TX item available

Let me know your needs and I could pick up some. PM me at jcb29@att.net.
lotus_65
crutchfield has them for 79.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB461P/Pol...db461p.html?c=3

charliew
63 shipped at frys including the damn tax
jcb29
$49 at Frys, store pick up. My offer still stands.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.