Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB OEM 2.0 muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jk76.914
I'll make an offer up to $50 plus reasonable shipping! ANY condition. Now's your chance to get that old rusty muffler out of your garage. It must be an original VW/Porsche, or OEM, including Dansk, banana style muffler. And it must be for 2.0 litre. Rust through is fine, even preferred!!! I am going to section it, make, some measurements, take some photos, and then it may go to recycling.

If you think you've got what I'm looking for, post a photo. Thanks!

Jim

This is the type, but this one's much too nice!!

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ May 14 2010, 04:14 PM) *

I'll make an offer up to $50 plus reasonable shipping! ANY condition. Now's your chance to get that old rusty muffler out of your garage. It must be an original VW/Porsche, or OEM, including Dansk, banana style muffler. And it must be for 2.0 litre. Rust through is fine, even preferred!!! I am going to section it, make, some measurements, take some photos, and then it may go to recycling.

If you think you've got what I'm looking for, post a photo. Thanks!

Jim

This is the type, but this one's much too nice!!

Click to view attachment

So Jim, are you planning to make a nice repro banana? confused24.gif

BTW - I like the avatar of your 914 - better than your mug! We're both far too old to torture everyone with our crusty old faces! lol-2.gif
jk76.914
crusty? old? speak for yourself, grasshopper!

No, I'm interested in finding out the flow path, number of chambers, volumes, plus hopefully a spot where I can embed a O2 sensor!
scrz914
Check out JRust's "parting out '73" add. I believe he mentioned he had a pretty rusty stock muffler.
jk76.914
QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 15 2010, 12:40 AM) *

Check out JRust's "parting out '73" add. I believe he mentioned he had a pretty rusty stock muffler.

That's a great lead. I just contacted Mr. Rust. Thanks!

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.