Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tail Shift Tranny Problems!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Silver72
So far I have remove the plate on the tail of the transmission. Lots of tanny fluid came out dirty. Nothing wierd came out like chunks of metal. I also was able to remove the screw and speedo gear with ease. Gear looked fine. When I spun it, it moved the speedo gauge. The speedometer stopped working (No MPH reading) prior to problem.

One thing I noticed is when I start the motor with the clutch in, everything is normal. The gear shifter appears to be in neutral. When I lift off the clutch, there are sounds that something is trying to engage (Nasty sounding). Also noticed when pushing in the clutch pedal, it is really soft. Thank you for any insight.

Mark
Silver72
QUOTE(Silver72 @ May 14 2010, 04:32 PM) *

So far I have remove the plate on the tail of the transmission. Lots of tanny fluid came out dirty. Nothing wierd came out like chunks of metal. I also was able to remove the screw and speedo gear with ease. Gear looked fine. When I spun it, it moved the speedo gauge. The speedometer stopped working (No MPH reading) prior to problem.

One thing I noticed is when I start the motor with the clutch in, everything is normal. The gear shifter appears to be in neutral. When I lift off the clutch, there are sounds that something is trying to engage (Nasty sounding). Also noticed when pushing in the clutch pedal, it is really soft. Thank you for any insight.

Mark

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.