Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solid Engine mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pudge
Has anyone had experience with the Patrick Motorsports solid engine mounts? The transmission mounts went in easy but the outboard mounts at the front look like the front of the engine will be lower.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Pudge @ May 14 2010, 09:37 PM) *

Has anyone had experience with the Patrick Motorsports solid engine mounts? The transmission mounts went in easy but the outboard mounts at the front look like the front of the engine will be lower.

No experience with PMS mounts but on a '74, you already have solid outer engine mounts ...

shades.gif Andy
Britain Smith
Why do you believe that you need solid engine mounts? They will suck on the street.

-Britain
70_914
Are the mounts on the front cover solid? Those should be the only rubber parts on your engine mount.
Joe Ricard
I made solid mounts out of Polyproplene. (plastic cutting board). made them the same thickness as stock. Engine was very solid and with the same sort at the trans ears shifting was pretty darn good.

Pudge
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 25 2010, 11:11 AM) *

I made solid mounts out of Polyproplene. (plastic cutting board). made them the same thickness as stock. Engine was very solid and with the same sort at the trans ears shifting was pretty darn good.

Thanks Joe for the info.

I had the wrong mounts from PMS. The car is for the track and won't see much of any street time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.