Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ury car has new home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cgnj
Hi,

Paul arrived at my house about 10:00. We rolled the car off, put the spares in the garage, I shot a goodbye pic for him, and we and went to lunch. Paul left about 1 on his way home to Tampa. Spent the rest of the day swapping parts and shooting pics. My wife hasn't spoken to me since that trailer rolled up. Is that a good thing?

Have a safe trip home Paul.

Carlos

carr914
Carlos enjoy the car, the wife will come around. I wanted to buy the car just to have a 914 driver, but you came through 1st. But we have a connection - the Floor Pans came from me.

T.C.
cgnj
Hi,
This car is going to be seriously abused over the next two weeks. Dropping the front suspension to put on my 911 SC spindles, dropping the rear to put on trailing arms from Blackjack who now waiting for the plamsa cutter. Expect to send it off for resto by the beginning of June.

Feeling much better now that I have a driveable 914 in my hands. Someday soon I'll tell BlackJack's demise story. Liner notes are, rustfree 914 with 2270 meets 14 year-old unlicenced driver meets tree while Dad is in Las Vegas for a company meeting.

My son is 19 now, will graduate from Lafayette next week. Until I decided to buy Pauls's car, haven't been in my garage since mid-July six years ago. It surprising how happy It made me to drop the 2270 from memory with only 4 sockets and 4 box wrenches.

These are good cars with good stories and good people that you want to meet.

Carlos

EdwardBlume
Tough story...

Has sonny seen the light of day since??
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(RobW @ May 15 2010, 08:43 PM) *

Tough story...

Has sonny seen the light of day since??

Oh, and congrats smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif welcome back to the insanity!
Betty
"Feeling much better now that I have a driveable 914 in my hands. Someday soon I'll tell BlackJack's demise story. Liner notes are, rustfree 914 with 2270 meets 14 year-old unlicenced driver meets tree while Dad is in Las Vegas for a company meeting.

My son is 19 now, will graduate from Lafayette next week. Until I decided to buy Pauls's car, haven't been in my garage since mid-July six years ago. It surprising how happy It made me to drop the 2270 from memory with only 4 sockets and 4 box wrenches."

I am sorry for Blackjack's demise! icon8.gif

I can relate to the years it took to jump back in! It took us 7 years to to find the will to put my car back together again after he burned. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

Your son is very lucky that you allowed him to continue to live! THAT is one tough lesson.

I am really happy for the new acquisition! smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

Oh..... and.... welcome.png

URY914
Carlos,

I'm back home safe and sound. Thanks for everything. The "key" socket for the wheel locks is in the console. Let me know if you need anything.

Paul
oldschool
QUOTE(cgnj @ May 15 2010, 03:48 PM) *

Hi,

Paul arrived at my house about 10:00. We rolled the car off, put the spares in the garage, I shot a goodbye pic for him, and we and went to lunch. Paul left about 1 on his way home to Tampa. Spent the rest of the day swapping parts and shooting pics. My wife hasn't spoken to me since that trailer rolled up. Is that a good thing?

Have a safe trip home Paul.

Carlos

Carlos that's funny, when I got my car home, the wife did the same thing huh.gif
maybe the fact that I had 2 other car did not help confused24.gif
Funny thing she came with me the view the car (2hr drive)....What?
Root_Werks
Adding more cars to the garage or in my case, the driveway just never goes over well with the wife either. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.