Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb: Brake line/sheet metal /CV joint bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
schuh1129
I'm in need of the hard brake line that runs from the soft brake line off the caliper to the center of the my 72. I also need the hell hole area sheet metal and the mirror image on the drivers side. I also need a CV joint bolt, I have one that is stripped out. I'm sure I will have more as this restoration continues but that is it for now. Mike
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(schuh1129 @ May 15 2010, 11:12 PM) *

I'm in need of the hard brake line that runs from the soft brake line off the caliper to the center of the my 72. I also need the hell hole area sheet metal and the mirror image on the drivers side. I also need a CV joint bolt, I have one that is stripped out.

Brake hard lines are available at the FLAPS. 10mm x 1,0mm European bubble flare. You didn't say right or left or front or back- measure - they're all different...
Restoration Designs for the sheet metal.
CV joint bolts should probably be considered 1-time-use items - they are highly stressed. But replace all 4 WITH NEW SCHNORR WASHERS. All the usual suspects will have those. Also check to make sure it's actually the bolt and not the transmission flange that's stripped. If it's the flange you have a bigger but still manageable problem.

All these questions have been answered here many times - search is your friend. Sometimes it's a hard to get along with friend, but learn its quirks and you will be rewarded.
schuh1129
Thanks Rich for your insight, I hope it is not the transmission flange I have heard that this can be a problem becasue it is hard if near impossible to drill out. I'm looking for the hard rear driver's side line. It fits in above the soft line that is heading straight up. Thanks Mike
bdstone914
PM sent
underthetire
You can use regular metric socket head cap screws from a good hardware store. If I remember correctly, the flange bolts are grade 12.9, same as the metric SHCS. Washers should be changed.

Hell hole sheet metal will be tough to get, I need it as well, but most of the scraped out cars are because of this. Engman has a DIY kit thats reasonable for this.
http://engmanparts.com/hellholekit.php
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.