Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR Thank you thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I just thought a thank you thread seperate from the event thread was appropriate.

Thanks so much to everyone who organized the event. My wife & I had a great time despite my lack of a running 914 dry.gif

Thanks to all the vendors who donated their time & parts/ supplies pray.gif

Thanks John for the loaner of your 914 for the drive on friday. Your car ran great & made for a nice time.

HUGE thanks to everyone who helped try to figure out why my car wouldn't fire. We weren't succesful but I appreciatte your efforts so much. I was kind of at the point before coming of not wanting to touch it period. After spending all week trying to get it ready I was pretty well frustrated. Thanks so much for trying & please know I had a great time despite my LE not running. I always have a good time hanging with my fellow teeners. You guys & gals are the best pray.gif

So thanks again to all from the Rusts
mstein95
Got home safe and sound - WHAT A GREAT TRIP!!!!!
It would have only been better if the family could have joined me.

It was great seeing all your happy faces again.

Thanks to all that organizer and the vendors. It just goes to show you don't need track time to have a good time (of course it helps).

I can't wait until next year.

Morgan Stein
Andyrew
Wonderful event! Thank you all!

Especially all of you that had lengthly chats with the girlfriend, Now she doesnt mind so much if I get her one!!! As long as its a pretty color...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 16 2010, 08:37 PM) *

Wonderful event! Thank you all!

Especially all of you that had lengthly chats with the girlfriend, Now she doesnt mind so much if I get her one!!! As long as its a pretty color...

Yes... Now if we could just remember her name??? It was Jescalin, or Jerico? biggrin.gif
Nice to meet you Jerica!
mightyohm
I struggled a bit with oil temps all weekend, it seems my car did not like climbing so many hills with such thin air. I also managed to warp the hell out of my front brakes and it seems my starter is on the way out, but replacement parts will be on the way soon, and seeing what breaks/falls off is half the fun of these events anyway!

Despite this, we made it through the entire drive on Sat, and to/from the event no problem, so I would call that a success!

Thanks to the organizers for putting on this event, and thanks to everyone that came for making it so much fun.

biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I would like to thank all who organized! It was fun! Nice to see some of you again and nice to finally meet alot of you for the first time! Sorry Dr. Evil for the car not giving you the fun ride, I need a new motor from McMark but it still made it!!!!! I'm stoked about that.

Oh, and thanks for the award! I will use this honorable award as motivation to keep working on the Teener and make it all it can be!

Jamie, I have your umbrella.
jeeperjohn56
I want to thank everone who help put this year event on, I had a great time and so did my wife Geri, She said you Guys and Girls were a great bunch and alot of fun, She really hit it off with Amoy and enjoyed her humor. Had no problems with the car going up or back or with any of the drive's, I did find out that two suit case's in the front trunk will bow your hood so use soft luggage. Thank you all John
al weidman
A huge thank you to all the organizers and sponsers, I hope you were able to enjoy it as much as we did. I have not told my wife I picked up another 914 at the event. Thanks to all that were able to attend and can you believe after 600 spirited miles, I had to stop and clean a jet 4 miles form home. Great pictures and video. Al.
zx-niner
I can't believe I almost did not go! Leslie and I had a great weekend and met wonderful people. It was also fun to meet many of the vendors who have supplied the parts keeping my car in shape. The drive Saturday afternoon was a blast. When my car stalled about 1 mile into the drive I had doubts but we persevered over the 8,000 foot pass without further incident.

I will add my thanks to the organizers for an incredibly fun event. And a special thanks to the vendors who donated prizes such that everyone walked away with something. I don't know if I should say "Thanks" to Dr. Evil and Eric Shea, but they both showed me Saturday night that, like most things, it isn't my guitar that is keeping me from playing well. It's never sounded so good as it did in their hands!
jim_hoyland
smile.gif agree.gif The organizers made this a very fun event, Tahoe was a great venue.

Also want to thank Eric Shea for the Caliper rebuild tech session; Chris Foley and wife who came all the way from the right coast; and Jim Tabor who kept everyone from getting too serious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.