Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 color code for gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quick six
I need to know what wiring colors goes where on the oil temp/fuel etc gauges. Tac & speedo ok.
My factory manuels have great flow charts & diagrams for the 4cyl but only a b/w of what connections/holes are what on the 6.
Help
please.
Thanks
gf unsure.gif
detoxcowboy
I have not the 6 nor know much about it but if you look at your gas tank, take off whatever to get to the sender (on a 4 it is only 2 x10mm bolts to get there) the colored wires for the fuel will be there with ground/sender markings to match what you need to do on the reveres of gauge.. Then by deduction the left over wires would be for the oil temp (switched power/ground and sender) brown is ground, switched power has power with key turned, the last wire is your oil temp sender..

you do not need pic or manual really..
BigD9146gt
Thankfully, Porsche was consistent for all of the early 70's cars. I'll check tomorrow, this is from memory...

Tach signal: Black/Purple
Generator: Blue (light blue)
fuel level: Green
fuel low level warning: black
oil pressure: Green/Red
oil temp: Green/Black
oil level: Green/White
quick six
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ May 17 2010, 01:03 AM) *

Thankfully, Porsche was consistent for all of the early 70's cars. I'll check tomorrow, this is from memory...

Tach signal: Black/Purple
Generator: Blue (light blue)
fuel level: Green
fuel low level warning: black
oil pressure: Green/Red
oil temp: Green/Black
oil level: Green/White

Ok Thanks
I figured the temp and fuel but have the low fuel light (I ran it down to see)in the hi temp light spot..Generator ok. Park Brake ok.Now to check out the rest of the lights
Will see about the restThanks again.
GF
Jeffs9146
Maybe this will help! The bottom cluster on this is the 6 cluster!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.