Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR...Thanks to the Organizers!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
I just feel it appropriate to thank the Organizers of the event. Rob, Mark, Brett, Randy, Jim, Justin and others (I know I forgot some and my apologies) and the generous time given by the Tech session instructors. Rob please add the others....

It's a tough and thankless job to organize these events and it takes a tremendous amount of sacrifice, personal time and dedication. Their reward is us having a good time while they work!

My thanks to all of you!

Also several vendors gave away HUGE drawing prizes. I was stunned at the generosity that was shown as well as the generosity of our forum members who gave their valuable prizes to someone else if they didn't need the prize.

Truly an amazing group to be involved in and I walked away with a proud feeling to be involved with such nice people.

Thanks!
ConeDodger
Paul,

Thanks for your appreciation. There are a couple of others who were involved. John Cardenas, Geoff Straw, and a guy named Paul Sayegh. I want to offer my thanks to them for the ideas they brought forth in the early meetings. You might think your involvement was minimal, but knowing we could count on you was huge to Mark, Brett, Randy, Jim and myself.

I too want to thank the vendors. I contacted a few, my fellow (dis)organizers contacted the rest and you guys really stepped up and were so generous. You are a reminder to me that whatever small change you manage to scratch out from your products, bottom line - you do this for the love of these little cars and the people who drive them (or walk by them as they sit on there jack-stand perches).

A big thank you goes out to you guys who took your precious time off and spent your precious money in this ugly economy on faith that we could put on a good event. Dave and Betsy Hunt drove 700+ miles in a 914 - A testament to a great car and a greater couple. I was amazed at the turnout, actually astonished. Obviously, I can't thank all of you here by name but Mike Lesniak who won the "That Award" with so much style, it didn't even require a face plant. Mike had a lot of competition though. Amoy was right behind. You guys and many others made this event so much fun for me and I am sure my fellow (dis)organizers.

My final thank you goes out to the other organizers. I never had a moment of doubt that we could pull this off. That is because of you.

And to Jim, I told you personally but I want to say it here - out loud so-to-speak. If I could change anything about what happened to my car besides the obvious - not happening, it would be that I was driving and not you. I can sense the burden that you feel and I want more than anything to lift that. We will make lemonade out of these lemons and that car will be better than ever. Thank you Jim for being a good friend...
Eric_Shea
smilie_pokal.gif Thanks all who donated the most precious gift... their time. smilie_pokal.gif
mtndawg
This weekend was a lot of fun, the people were great. It was so well organized, I'm sure there was a lot of time and work that went into it before anyone arrived in Tahoe. Thanks for an awesome time!
Shane
Mike Bellis
agree.gif

Thanks to everybody involved. We had a great time and look forward to the next one!

Thanks again,

Mike
RoadGlue
I'm not sure what I can add on top of what Rob has already said. It was great to be part of this event, spending time with old friends and making new ones. Big thanks to all of you for taking time out of your regular schedules and joining in the fun with all of us

Mark, you are an awesome passenger and friend and you're always welcome to tag along in the old teener anytime you like.

smile.gif
Lennies914
I would like to say "thank you" as well. It is clear that alot of thought and preparation went into organizing this event and it went off as though it was a monthly gathering.
I am very new to the 914 community and would like to say thanks to everyone. I felt as though I'd known you all for years. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.