Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
I have a 55 amp Bosch alternator that has been rebuilt that I am installing into my 914/6 conversion car (Carbed 2.2 motor running MSD box and standard "points" distributor). I am trying to ID all of this Alernators stud connector posts and spade type connector posts. Can anybody assist? I am especially curious about the two spade type posts near the bottom center of the photo. One had a brown wire and one was black. If you can ID all posts for me that would be great as well. Thanks
effutuo101
This is from memory, but:
Relay board:
from Alt.
___
D-
___ ____
DF D+

Regulator plug in
| DF Black/Green
| D- Brown
| D+ (+61) Grey Red

Alternator wiring:

DF= Black/Green
D- = Brown
+61 (D+) = Grey/Red
B+ = Battery

I will go check later today.
rfuerst911sc
Brian I can't help with the wiring as you know I had Donnie do it all. My car is running great you need to stop buy and we'll go for a spin. Good luck with yours. beerchug.gif
bcheney
Cool I will do that. I heard there was a PCA autocross today at the convention center...did you happen to go?
bcheney
Anyone know where the wiring from DF terminates?
jt914-6
QUOTE(bcheney @ May 17 2010, 06:34 AM) *

Anyone know where the wiring from DF terminates?

Voltage regulator on relay board......#4

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
D-, D+, and DF go to the voltage regulator, which you'll need for that alternator. The two spade termainals that are close together require a connector plug body, and go to the VR. Sorry I can't remember off the top of my head which terminal/color they are. 914-4's and 6's aren't the same color, but wire up the same. I'll get back later with the correct connections. B+ goes to the starter/battery lead.
BigD9146gt
I just did this a week ago...

B+: 911 engine harness will have a large red wiring from the starter to the alternator, and then a medium red wire (crimped to the same eyelet on B+) that will go to the 14pin plug. Pin #14 on the 911 engine harness, not sure what the 914 relay plate is cause I'm not using one of those, but not hard to swap around.

DF: Black, goes right to the voltage regulator. Pin #13

D-: Brown, ground. I ran this directly to the vr, and then straight to ground... however the 911 harness has it running back and forth to many units all grounding, so it can be shared. Pin #12

D+/61: Blue. Straight to the vr, then from the vr to your generator light in the dash. Should still be blue wire in the 914. Pin #11

Using that very nice diagram jt914-6 supplied, all you need to do is pull the brown, black, and blue wires out before the plug (which looks like its only a 12 pin), and crimp on some spade connectors, and shove them into the plastic 914 3 pin alternator connector. Then your large red, I'd need a better defined pic of that diagram, but I'm sure you can find a home on the board for it to make it a clean setup.
IronHillRestorations
The two spade connectors that are close together are:
vertical - black wire to DF
horizontal - brown wire to D-

If I make a harness for an engine with a externally regulated alternator, I run the blue wire that goes to the charging light all the way to the D+ terminal, so if you ever change to an internally regulated alternator, you don't have any rewiring to do.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(bcheney @ May 16 2010, 11:30 AM) *

Cool I will do that. I heard there was a PCA autocross today at the convention center...did you happen to go?

I was signed up for it but we found out on Wednesday that my wife had to fly out of town on Sunday so I missed it. dry.gif Sooner or later I'll get to run the 914 biggrin.gif .
bcheney
Thanks everyone for the help! Sorry for the delayed response....got busy this week at work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.