Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KOT: Car transfer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
I have a problem, and I don't know where to start.

Years ago, my Father bought a 911 SC Targa out of Oregon. Somehow, it didnt have a pink slip. I'm trying to get ahold of the pink slip because in the last 2 years or so, I've gained an interest in cars. Would I be able to contact the Oregon DMV for this? Or do I have to track down the previous owner or dealer?

I hope someone has been through this before and can send me in the right direction.
carr914
If your Dad has had it for years with No Title, I assume it is just sitting. Is it worth Titling?
RiqueMar
It had been sitting, but it runs and everything. Here's the story....

My Dad bought this car in Oregon, I think from Craigslist or eBay. Took everything out of a slant nose he had; interior, electronics, all the goodies. Had it running great, as an anniversary present for my Mom. When she saw it, her words were, and I quote, "Oh, a Porssssh".

He then sold it to an employee who never did the leg work on it to get it registered or anything, and said employee was working on it one day, and forgot to completely close the front hood, which resulted in some front cowl damage.

Employee then sold the car BACK to my Dad, and the car sat for a number of years (I think 3/4) as no one had an interest in it. This is where I come into the picture.

One day, we go over to our storage site where the car had been stored in a covered space with a car cover. My Dad had left the car with the battery in it, but disconnected. We plus in the battery, and the 3.0 starts right up.

Being that this is my favorite model/ year/ body type I have a huge interest in making it a great driving car. Now that the cowl is fixed, and it's had some cleaning up, all that has to be done is some fun paperwork.... which is where I am now.

So, to answer your question, I think it's very much worth titling, as all it needs now is the registration and a radio.
mepstein
Go online or to your local DMV and ask them. That way you will know exactly what they want from you.

How's the 914-6 coming along?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 16 2010, 05:12 PM) *

Go online or to your local DMV and ask them. That way you will know exactly what they want from you.

How's the 914-6 coming along?

It's on a pause at the moment. I have a trip to NY this week, and I hope to pick up after that
RiqueMar
A pic of the car we are talking about (getting detailed)...

IPB Image
jaxdream
You may have to contact a titiling service company, I reccomend International Title Service out of Nevada ( on the web ). Check out earlier threads on this subject here on the World , it may be your best bet if you can't get any previous owner info . Good luck that looks to be a nice Targa , I would definately save it if it were in my garage / storage .
My $.02 ....

Jack / Jaxdream
1968Cayman
Your state's DMV can run the numbers to make sure it's not stolen and then you have to apply for a lost title. At least that's the way it is around these parts- in CA you might have to give a few pints of blood, bring back the Spotted Owls from the verge of extinction and sign a pledge to reduce your carbon footprint by X amount.
oldschool
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ May 16 2010, 02:23 PM) *

Years ago, my Father bought a 911 SC Targa out of Oregon. Somehow, it didnt have a pink slip. I'm trying to get ahold of the pink slip because in the last 2 years or so, I've gained an interest in cars. Would I be able to contact the Oregon DMV for this? Or do I have to track down the previous owner or dealer?

I hope someone has been through this before and can send me in the right direction.

Brother I have a story to till you, I'm working on TV spot with some friends (its what we call day playing) and this guy that I'm working with was tilling all these young girls how he has a Porsche lol-2.gif So after work and after the chicks split, I corner him ....I tell him dude you don't have a Porsche!

So he tills me the story of have some one gave him this car....But he's never seen it.
So I work out a deal with him that if I like the car, I would trade him with my service.
At the time he needed some help with hes home.

anyway he could not connect with the owner.....So I had a car with no paper work headbang.gif
So I went to the DMV started the paper work...easy not really, but very possible.
fulled out all there paper work .... I even got my Cus who is a cop to run the plates and get the owner info.(you really should not does this) any way $300 because the car was not reg since 1995....just do it.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(oldschool @ May 17 2010, 08:51 AM) *

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ May 16 2010, 02:23 PM) *

Brother I have a story to till you, I'm working on TV spot with some friends (its what we call day playing) and this guy that I'm working with was tilling all these young girls how he has a Porsche lol-2.gif So after work and after the chicks split, I corner him ....I tell him dude you don't have a Porsche!

So he tills me the story of have some one gave him this car....But he's never seen it.
So I work out a deal with him that if I like the car, I would trade him with my service.
At the time he needed some help with hes home.

anyway he could not connect with the owner.....So I had a car with no paper work headbang.gif
So I went to the DMV started the paper work...easy not really, but very possible.
fulled out all there paper work .... I even got my Cus who is a cop to run the plates and get the owner info.(you really should not does this) any way $300 because the car was not reg since 1995....just do it.

About how long did this take you?

I don't think it should be too much, as I have the Oregon plates, and I think the last time it was registered was 05', which is the year my Dad bought it.

So the DMV will be able to help me if if it is from out of state?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.