Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hirschmann antenna
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
So broke and replaced my Hirschmann antenna

New one fits 19mm to 21mm and the hole in my fender is fair bit bigger

Is there 2 sizes?

Anyone have a used large one?

any other ideas? Can I fix the old mast?

idea.gif
dem
I had this problem too - I ended up reusing the base piece from the old unit (the pot metal spiny thing) after dremmeling it so I could get some threads to engage the new nut. The top piece/rubber gasket was large enough to cover the hole (barely.)

There's probably a "proper" unit to order, but I am a lazy man.
qa1142
I am not lazy, just stupid

how has the answer? headbang.gif
VaccaRabite
I think you just got the answer. There are two sizes (question 1), and you can use the base from your old unit to make the new unit work (question 2 and 4). The only question not answered was if there were other suggestions.
Zach
detoxcowboy
I had same issue, tried a few "german antennas".. I was buying them all over the place blaming the P.O., blaming China for making German parts..

The size is called "oversize", I was able to get it, then use the "Oversize" lock toothed bottom plate w/ my "German" top and antenna. I did that only for the chrome pieces ect, it is not necessary..

Drove me crazy too, unitl I contacted him in person..

If you get ahold of this guy, tell him your dilema, He will help you, but he may not have them listed on eEbay so contact him first to get the right one.. I went to his house and he showed me.. His Ebay Store is Woody's Custom Shop... He works apparently out of his home in Costa Mesa Ca...

M-F 9-5 PST 1-949-722-1084 or 1-877-4-356-911

link to his ebay listing (he has an ebay store too)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hirschmann-...s#ht_1683wt_941
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.