Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some book times from the masters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Irv and his son Dan have a rubber bumper car that was hit in the rear end pretty hard. The right rear chassis rail is kinked and cracked over the center of the axle, The chassis is cracked away from the tower. The strut tower is moved and there is a diagonal kink across the trunk floor from the left strut tower .

The car need to be benched as the suspension, transaxle mounts and floor pan where the bumper shocks bolt are ripped. The tail light panel and trunk floor are still dropped about 45mm making the latch bracket to too low for the trunk lid pin to catch. The heat sheild need to be pulled to repair this.

The engine and transaxle will need to be removed and reinstalled. The car is smogged and has A/C. Anyone have a book time to R&I the drive line?

I'm just trying to get some real info together for Irv to get to the adjuster.

Also what about pricing for the right rear tail light, 911 reflector, bumper shocks, cover and rebar?
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
A&PGirl
Rick,

I pulled some numbers for you.

Right Tail light assembly $671.83 (AA)

Bumper Shocks Total $578.88 (AA)
L Shock $274.25
R Shock $274.19
Hardware $30.44

'75 Complete Floor pan minus shock towers $2,029.27

Shock Tower(s) Total $198.46 (AA)
L Shock Tower $116.41
R Shock Tower $82.05

Muffler Shield Total $205.63 (AA)
Shield $145.15
Shield supports (6) $10.08

911 Rear Reflector $211.75 (AA) RZP9141

Transmission Mounts (2) $55.55 (PP) 911-375-043-07-M127

I suspect damage up into the cockpit from the sheer impact that the rear of the car sustained. There is a good chance of transmission & component damage, muffler damage, engine + sheetmetal + electrical + fuel damage + other components, damage to the rear suspension!!!, damage to the engine mounts on the body, engine lid + mount damage, brake damage + brake lines & through the tunnel, even firewall damage. Don't even start on Smog equipment!

That out of the way, my opinion is the engine should be taken completely apart. The crank, cam, rods, bearings should be closely examined in the lower end. Everything should be carefully inspected and R&R'd if needed. $500 would be low-ball estimate to drop the drivetrain & inspect it.

Can the drive train even be easily dropped? poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.