Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lubing My New Tie Rod Ends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenshapiro2002
Just want to make sure...these new tie rod ends are shipped dry , right? Do I open the ring that holds the bellows closed, grease (how full?) and slip the ring back on? Grease recommendations?
jaxdream
Nope , they come prelubed.In the old days tierods, ball joints , u-joints came with grease zerks , not no more ( very seldom ). Lubed from factory and no real way of futre lubing.Install em , keep an eye on em, when they go bad again ( many many miles from now ) replace em again.Go to it dude!!!!

Jack / Jaxdream
kenshapiro2002
Thanks. Yeah...I miss zerks...lubing 'em until they oozed...better than squeezing a zit!

QUOTE(jaxdream @ May 17 2010, 09:35 AM) *

Nope , they come prelubed.In the old days tierods, ball joints , u-joints came with grease zerks , not no more ( very seldom ). Lubed from factory and no real way of futre lubing.Install em , keep an eye on em, when they go bad again ( many many miles from now ) replace em again.Go to it dude!!!!

Jack / Jaxdream

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.