Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malaga_red75
So i have KYB shocks, I know Kill Your Back, but they came on the car when I bought it and I will deal with them for now.

But i want to lower the back end about 1"-1.5" and I am wondering which springs to get? Note: This is a subaru conversion, so I am thinking somewhere around 165 lb (maybe more) springs.

A few questions;

Linear spring rate or non-linear spring rate?
can i get springs for the 914, or do I need different springs that will match the KYB shocks?

Thanks

-Peter
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I think that the 140 lb springs would be perfect. The 165s although variable will not lower it as much as the 140s if at all, and the kybs being fairly stiff already will only add to the heavy rear springs and kill the daily transportation ride, but be great on the track. Also the car will begin to be tail happy with such stiffness in the rear.

We really like the stock sway bars, stock 914-6 repro springs and bilstein shocks, and 195/65 15 tires with at least a z speed rating which if nothing else gives one a stiffer tread to lessen the "jello" effect of a wider tire on a 5.5 inch stock rim.

QUOTE(malaga_red75 @ May 17 2010, 09:04 PM) *

So i have KYB shocks, I know Kill Your Back, but they came on the car when I bought it and I will deal with them for now.

But i want to lower the back end about 1"-1.5" and I am wondering which springs to get? Note: This is a subaru conversion, so I am thinking somewhere around 165 lb (maybe more) springs.

A few questions;

Linear spring rate or non-linear spring rate?
can i get springs for the 914, or do I need different springs that will match the KYB shocks?

Thanks

-Peter

michaelmoo
Who makes a 195/65 15 z speed rated tire? I cant seem to find one.
carr914
Friends don't let friends ride on KYBs. shades.gif

Someone step up and give this man a set of Koni's off your parts car
malaga_red75
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 18 2010, 09:10 AM) *

Friends don't let friends ride on KYBs. shades.gif

Someone step up and give this man a set of Koni's off your parts car

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif biggrin.gif

That would be awesome.... I had koni yellow's with threaded collars and 140lb springs on my last car... I regret everyday not taking those off before I sold it.

So the 140lb springs will lower the car an 1" or so?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.