Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hat and Boots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
Back in the 50s there was a gas station in Seattle with the office canopy shaped like a hat and the restrooms like boots.

Click to view attachment

While driving around today I stumbled on a little park where the remnants of the old station have been moved and restored. Couldn't resist a quick photo op.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

When I drove around the block I encountered this cool old house.

Click to view attachment

Great day to be in a 914.
Tom_T
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 17 2010, 10:30 PM) *

Back in the 50s there was a gas station in Seattle with the office canopy shaped like a hat and the restrooms like boots.

Click to view attachment

Marc - that gives that old saying "pissin' in your boots" a whole new meaning! lol-2.gif
number6
Marc, love your color 914. The car looks good!

Thanks for pointing out a unique attraction/destination - I'm going to have to make a stop next time I'm up in Seattle.

-duc
anderssj
Marc,

Thanks for posting those pictures. I was stationed at Boeing Field from 1976-78 and used to gas up the 914 at the "Hat and Boots" once in a while. Glad to see they are being taken care of . . .

Thanks again!

Larouex
Yes it was quite the operation to move it and set it up in that park. Here is the history...
Hat and Boots Org

My buddy and I skateboarded on the hat way back when, crazy thing to do. We were young.

Cheers,
Larouex
Root_Werks
That is pretty cool, I remember when they sat at the original location. I worked at the old Associated Grocers in the early 90's and drove by them almost daily.
Sailor
Glad to see they're still around, fond childhood memories.... smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
I love those old houses with the turrets!
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 17 2010, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 17 2010, 10:30 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Marc - that gives that old saying "pissin' in your boots" a whole new meaning! lol-2.gif

I used to fill up there too but gawd the Boots bathrooms were really dirty!
My favorite local icon "Twin Teepees" was torn down a few years ago. Used to go there for a cheap breakfast before going to work..
KELTY360
I'm really kind of amazed that the restoration actually got done. That site sat neglected for along time while they haggled over what to do with it. That area of town gets overshadowed when it comes to amenities.

I just noticed in the restoration pics that the boots are painted gender-specific. Pretty cool touch.
EdwardBlume
That is cool. Thanks for sharing....

its hard not to shed a tear for "progress" when character is lost..
Root_Werks
Twin Teepees! I remember those! chowtime.gif

BTW Marc, very nice pics of your 914!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.