Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs refinish project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
On Pelican there is an old thread about using Scotchbrite to refinish fuchs. Since Rick bought the pink car, I don't have anything to do in the garage for a little while so I dug up a 15x7 Fuchs project.

I started by using paint stripper to remove a tired old home refinish someone else did. Next was oven cleaner. Then 100 grit to get all the last of the anodizing off. Then 400 wet sanded. Now Scotchbrite, actually Norton brand from HD. I think the first pad was 0, last pad was 000 with some Wenol polish. Then I carefully masked with some pinstripe tape which makes a nice edge. Sprayed the inserts with some self etching primer followed by textured silver paint similar to Ford or GM Argent wheel color.

Paint stripper
Click to view attachment

Oven cleaner
Click to view attachment

Raw
Click to view attachment

After Scotchbrite
Click to view attachment

After paint
Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Simply beautiful. drooley.gif
zymurgist
thumb3d.gif
mepstein
I like it. That's what I'm going to do but first see how it looks on the car without a painted background. I like the idea of being able to touch up with sandpaper and scotchbright if it gets scratched. Thanks for pics, Mark
rick 918-S
Nice!
Cevan
Sweet! beerchug.gif
dlee6204
Looks awesome! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.