Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: two t4 motors with w numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
charliew
My friend has two t4 motors. One has the w number up by the breather tower and the other has a w number on a angled web on the top back by the tranny flange. He also has a 411/412 setting in his pasture so I think one of the motors came from there. He raced a auto tranny t3 for a few years and said he tried one of these motors that has a 500 holley on it, in the t3 fastback and it wasn't as good as a 2110 t1 he had been using. I did a little search and it seems that is the motor for a 411/412 and stock is about 80hp and a 1.7. But why are the numbers in two different places on two motors with the wnumber? The one with the numbers on the top back is just a shortblock but he may have all the stuff for it. He has a ton of vw parts of which most are in my storage shed and I'm trying to figgure out what they are maybe worth and what to do with them.

I may ask this on samba but I thought it would be just as well known here.
SirAndy
T4 with W is a early 1.7L motor ...

http://www.914world.com/specs/engnumbs.php

shades.gif Andy
charliew
Thanks Andy I actually didn't think to look here because I thought 914 t4's would have a different number from other vw types.
Bleyseng
super strong cases too for rebuilds, some don't have the windage tray bosses but soo what.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.