Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Those 8X8MM Fuel Neck Bolts and washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
avidfanjpl
Would anyone know where I can get a dozen of those damn small bolts and washers?

Prefer having the right ones and new, as when I finally was ready to put my old ones in, they didn't pass the geezer test. I can't clean them up as easy as getting new ones.

I will also need a cleanout tap to clean up the threads on the tank, but I think I can at least buy that locally, like maybe at Harbor Freight? Never did any retapping since an exhaust bolt in 1980, but this should not be too bad.

Sometimes things happen to the best laid plans of having it run this weekend.

I can paypal the dough. How much could 12 with washers cost?

Kidneys both work just in case!

I just need to do this right.

Thanks!

John
avidfanjpl
Tom_T
John, you might try AA, download the pdf of the book with pix so you can do a visual match, then call them to make sure they put the right ones out!.
type47
PET shows the bolts to be 5 x 12, 5 x 15 or 5 x 18 depending on the year. These should be available at local hardware store. You described them as 8mm which is the size of the wrench that fits the bolt.

I went back to see what model year your car is so the PET 201-00 shows #3 is N 010.207.6 hexagon-head bolt M 5 x 12 used until chassis 47329 24902. #4 is 900.025.003.02 washer (5mm washer) qty: 8 of each
IronHillRestorations
Standard fastener that you can find at anywhere that sells loose fasteners.
jk76.914
Everyone here needs to get to know McMaster-Carr. www.mcmaster.com .

These bolts (16mm), in stainless run you $6.63 for a bag of 50. Or, if you prefer- zinc plated steel, brass, or nylon. My experience- if you order on a Sunday night or Monday, you'll have them by Wednesday.

They got lots of stuff to hold our old 914's together!
avidfanjpl
WOW!

All important info, and mine falls into the first category for sizing.

I am now NOT ignorant!

I will also have to look in AA again, as it was very late last night!

Thanks, All!

J
detoxcowboy
You cab get that exact size in SS at Ace Hardware..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.