Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: Vote for my Westy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type11969
I entered my Westy in to a car show here at my University (Drexel, grad student), and apparently anyone can vote, so I am now spamming you for yours. On the day after the PA election that I ashamedly did not participate in. Apologies to those that think this is obnoxious, but I don't have a crew of undergrad friends here to vote for me so I figured I would try to level the field with you all. Plus the rest of the competition is lame, might as well get a t4 up on the podium! Anyway, polls are open now until 4 EST, and you are inclined to vote, please click on the link below and scroll down to the bottom of the page for the ballot. Feel free to vote for someone else because they have more ground FX lighting or LEDs in the dash though.

http://www.drexel.edu/oca/c/modified.asp

If this is more appropriate in the sandbox, please move it.

IPB Image

Thanks,

Chris
Michael N
+1 voted.
type11969
Thanks!

Its funny, not sure if they are going to have a best in show award, but if they do, and every ballot requires a vote in each category, then the car in the category by itself will win by default. This is not a well organized car show for sure.

-Chris
charliew
Nice westy but I don't want to waste time on someone that doesn't have time to vote. Voting is like serving on a jury, it's our duty. Sorry and good luck.
realred914
done, nice van!!!
golly kids these days with your one exception are all driving new modern cars. no classics save for the van. seems the most of the young wipper snappers think working on a car envolves fancy stereo add ons or funny LED lights in the dash and wheel wells.

does any of them know how to tune an engine, much less rebuild one???

hope you win, you probably do more automotive engineering just with routine maintanecne ont your van, than these other folks do with all their lighting and stereo modification.

OLD cars rule, New cars Suck!!!!!
type11969
I recently spent 3 days in a courthouse waiting to be selected for federal jury duty, have voted in every other opportunity I've had, and simply ran out of time yesterday. But thanks for wasting enough of your time on me to post.

dry.gif

-Chris
KELTY360
+1.....Westies rock!
Cap'n Krusty
You're in college? How's that English composition class workin' for ya'? Nice phrase and sentence structure: "I ashamedly did not participate in". Now I've ragged on you (my REAL job), I voted for you, shamelessly helping you rig the election. I'd better win that prize for voting.................

The Cap'n
Tom_T
Jeesh - they should've had a "Classic Commuters" class at least, instead of all lumped in with the rice burner mods! dry.gif

Charlie - this is probably his finals week, so cut him some slack - even I've missed one election in 40 years being away on business! biggrin.gif

Kap'n - didn't know that was your REAL job, but I'm relatively new here to 914world, but duly impressed & now I have to watch my writing here too! blink.gif
- college or HS/K-12?? confused24.gif

He may be up for some long distance tutoring or proofreading his Masters Thesis or PhD dissertation (he didn't say for which he was in Drexel grad school). type.gif

Voted for yours, but here's ours - an 88 Westy in Dove Blue with 200,000+ miles now - really a T5, but I like to think of it as a T4 with a waterjacket! biggrin.gif

I wanted to get a late T4 Bus or Vanagon Westy, but since it was my wife's DD & she wanted an automatic & "new one" - she won! dry.gif driving-girl.gif

Click to view attachment

So - let us all know if & what you win!
popcorn[1].gif
type11969
Cap'n - getting my MS in Mech Eng and, while I don't believe in the "I'm an engineer and I don't need to write well" attitude of some of my peers, I also don't hold my internet posts up to the same standards as the papers I write. I will try to avoid dangling prepositions in the future, just for you!

Tom - Love the Vanagon Westy, was thinking about one, was really thinking about swapping a westy interior in to a syncro, but the bay is already a bit tight in my garage.

Thanks for the votes

-Chris
type11969
Won a $50 gift card to Pep Boys, thanks for the votes!

-Chris
tradisrad
voted. we just put an engine in realreds vanagon last weekend!
d914
done
type11969
Thanks guys, but the show is over. Not sure why the polls are still open.
realred914
were still voting cuase your bus is sooooo cooool!!!!!!!!

glad you won. your got to know a lot about engineering to keep an old bus running!!!
mipstien
+1 maybe 5 i don't know. i continued to vote
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.